DC Cinematic Universe Thread

• 2 months later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, dnl said:

Justice League was actually enjoyable. An improvement over MoS and BvS. I'm curious where the story goes from here considering all the solo movies except WW2 have been shelved or are being reworked into a different DC universe.

I thought Aquaman's standalone movie was next December still at least?

Also,  anyone else hear the rumors that Justice League was Affleck's last "Batman" movie?  Apparently Jake Gyllenhaal is supposedly next in line to sport the cowl.

I really like Affleck as Batman. Not crazy about his Bruce Wayne.  As much as he keeps whining he will for sure be out soon.

I think in my head Gyllenhaal could be a great Batman and Bruce Wayne. He’s a super talented actor. He would just need to bulk up a lot. Just don’t know how it would pan out on screen.

More curious how they replace him and possibly Leto too. I would assume Flashpoint but that might confuse general audiences.

19 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

I thought Aquaman's standalone movie was next December still at least?

Also,  anyone else hear the rumors that Justice League was Affleck's last "Batman" movie?  Apparently Jake Gyllenhaal is supposedly next in line to sport the cowl.

Is the Aquaman film confirmed to be in the same universe? The next Batman (if it's still happening) has already been confirmed to be separate and The Flash is covering Flashpoint in a clear attempt to distance itself from the created universe so far. Also, there's some talk of a separate Joker/Harley Quinn film that's disconnected from the universe as well.

Also, if you've been following Jake's career for the last few years, then you know he would never take on a major franchise. He could do Batman because he's that damn talented but he won't.

11 hours ago, dnl said:

Is the Aquaman film confirmed to be in the same universe? The next Batman (if it's still happening) has already been confirmed to be separate and The Flash is covering Flashpoint in a clear attempt to distance itself from the created universe so far. Also, there's some talk of a separate Joker/Harley Quinn film that's disconnected from the universe as well.

Also, if you've been following Jake's career for the last few years, then you know he would never take on a major franchise. He could do Batman because he's that damn talented but he won't.

The Batman quote was taken out of context. The Batman film WILL be in the current DCEU, as will Aquaman/Flashpoint/etc. 

Yeah, the only film that's not in the DCEU is a Joker origin, oh and there was talk of a Booster Gold, but that'd also be away from the current films. Everything else is all connected though. (As far as I'm aware.)

I'm a bit confused about this Ben Affleck situation... these rumors were going around a while ago but were "squashed", now they're returning again? I hope he sticks it out, I've enjoyed his Batman. Movies don't do good when they have to replace actors (imo).

As for the Justice League movie. I LOVED it! Been waiting for a JL movie since forever, and I thought they did a good job with it. Also was excited with the end credit scene.