DC Cinematic Universe Thread

I didn't think the movie was that bad (If they don't reboot every fucking DC title from hear on out)

Eisenberg was horrible as Lex. He needed to be more like the way he played Zuckerberg in The Social Network (#getfinchertomakethenextone, #iwantanotherTrentscore).. Seriously though unless they edited the shit out if his part where it's some time of mind contol that made him all joker light, it was a terrible choice. (Given when people saw in that "leaked' deleted scene, I wouldn't doubt it)

Wonder Woman was amazing!!!

I wish they didn't pump so much hype into Aquaman showing up in the movie, hell I wish they didn't have as much info about the movie as they did. A lot of HOLY SHIT moments were destroyed by trailers, media hype, and social media to fully enjoy them.

The whole Doomsday sequence was rushed, jesus Batman was all but useless in that one. The resulting aftermath was TOO DAMN SOON. 

Somehow, I really wanted them to move the Nightmare Batman senario either end just before the credits or as the secret scene. That would have at least made more sense story line as to what everything this movie deals with is leading up to and why the JL needs to be formed.

Other than that.. hell yeah Affleck at Batman. 

Just saw it today, I think the critics were too harsh on their ratings saying it was "terrible" but to me it was just an OK movie.

Main gripe I had with the movie was that the story was all over the place. So many things going on at once that they tried to fit in this movie that 2 hours and 30 minutes just couldn't cover.

I enjoyed seeing a "Batman" film for the first time (yes I didn't see The Dark Knight trilogy, please don't kill me) and I thought Ben Affleck's portrayal was good. Of course I can't really compare his portrayal to other portrayals so it'll probably make my opinion invalid.

I see plenty of unfavorable opinions on Wonder Woman but she was one of my favorite characters in the movie. I actually felt like she contributed to the fight unlike Batman who just swung around a few times and shot one canister of Krypton-gas.

I can't wait to see more Batman in the future of this franchise so I can see him in areas where he's more useful as opposed to fighting Doomsday who he, honestly, can't hurt at all.

Plus I liked the idea of Doomsday being in a movie but for him to be in the 2nd movie in the DCU? I just thought it was too soon.

After watching this movie, I just want some more Wonder Woman! Can't wait for her solo film.

TL;DR: 6/10. Batman v Superman was OK. Wonder Woman was awesome though.

I enjoyed Batman v. Superman. I've never had an interest in Superman and only really know Batman from the old animated series, DK trilogy, and the recent Arkham games. Kinda makes me wanna go watch Man of Steel (I know the plot, just never watched it).

Ben Affleck plays a fine Batman, his Bruce Wayne isn't that great though. I'm interested in seeing more DC movies. The Marvel stuff got too convoluted for me and the only character from that universe I ever liked was Spiderman, however there's a new one every few years so it's hard to give a damn.

wow, thats a sign of desperation 

Please tell me that was an april fools joke. whyyyyyyyyyy

they're trying to make the movie better. i dont see this as a bad thing

they are learning from negative reactions to BvS self seriousness and the positive reactions to the SS trailer

plus they're spending serious money on this, so it wont be just ADR of Will Smith throwing out one liners

they're trying to make the movie better. i dont see this as a bad thing

they are learning from negative reactions to BvS self seriousness and the positive reactions to the SS trailer

plus they're spending serious money on this, so it wont be just ADR of Will Smith throwing out one liners

Theyre pandering to the people that want playful Avengers. The negative reactions were mostly the story and pacing. The ones that did were moaning it wasnt Avengers. DC IS NOT MARVEL. DC delves into dark territory and if anyone has ever once read their source material, they would know that.

They could be trying to make the movie better or the WB suits want a quota of corny jokes.

Im fine if they want to add more playfulness and humor. Harley is supposed to be playful. It scares me if she hasnt already been written that way in the script.

If they want to add more humor fine, but it better be damn good and not on the nose. BvS didnt have room for humor with its story telling, and for some reason the critics didnt see that. It's certainly not a negative. BvS was purposely miserable because it deals with the end of MOS.

The Nolan Batman trilogy isn't fun but succeeded because they were actual good movies. BvS just isn't a good movie, I wish they didn't alter other films because this one has a garbo director.

Actually I lied, I was legitimately laughing at that terrible music when Wonder Woman etc started showing up.

The Nolan Batman trilogy isn't fun but succeeded because they were actual good movies. BvS just isn't a good movie, I wish they didn't alter other films because this one has a garbo director.

The Nolan movies handled humor well. The Dark Knight handled humor extremely well. Heath had his moments. The pencil scene is a classic. But its overall maturity and tone was necessary for the movie. 

My point is, could you imagine them going to reshoot because BB or TDK didnt have enough jokes or wasnt light hearted? It wouldnt work.

The Nolan movies handled humor well. The Dark Knight handled humor extremely well. Heath had his moments. The pencil scene is a classic. But its overall maturity and tone was necessary for the movie. 

My point is, could you imagine them going to reshoot because BB or TDK didnt have enough jokes or wasnt light hearted? It wouldnt work.

That's the nature of the Joker character, it was done well and fit the film. Lex could have brought something to the table but that character was handled terribly. I don't agree with them reshooting because this movie sucked, that's exactly what I said to begin with. If this movie had an 80 on Rotten Tomatoes there wouldn't be this discussion no matter what people say about the movie. They're just pandering now and I don't think the results will be positive.