DC Cinematic Universe Thread

Rumors for Suicide Squad actors are Will Smith, Ryan Gosling, Tom Hardy, and Margot Robbie (the girl from Wolf of Wall Street). I'm going to be honest I'm not sure what the Suicide Squad is so if someone could post about that that would be great! lol

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/16/will-smith-ryan-gosling-rumored-for-suicide-squad

Rumors for Suicide Squad actors are Will Smith, Ryan Gosling, Tom Hardy, and Margot Robbie (the girl from Wolf of Wall Street). I'm going to be honest I'm not sure what the Suicide Squad is so if someone could post about that that would be great! lol

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/16/will-smith-ryan-gosling-rumored-for-suicide-squad

That cast would be absolutely ridiculous!

Basically the Suicide Squad are villains that are hired/forced to be on a team to complete various "jobs" or whatever. If they don't complete the task or disobey or anything like that, they get killed.

Check out the recent DC animated film "Assault On Arkham" to get a real good idea.

My biggest problem with MOS was there was no room to breathe in it. Every scene cut to the next one so fast. If they would've taken 15 minutes from that ridiculous fight scene at the end and 15 more from the overlong Krypton scene at the beginning and spread them out over the rest it would've helped a ton. 

Also it had aliens who had never been to Earth using terms like year, day, week, and month. That makes no fucking sense. Those are time lengths that only have context to people from Earth (or have at least been there before). Small detail, but for some reason time-relative terms are really a pet peeve of mine in the sci-fi genre.

That being said, I'm excited to see where DC goes with this. Really want a standalone Martian Manhunter film. And a Wonder Twins film, but only because I know it would be terrible.

I quit.

I was all about giving them a chance with Batman x Superman but that Flash casting is off the wall goofy.

Especially since we currently have a Flash TV show....

Yeah I was a little confused on the casting for him. I thought they should've had the actor from the show play Barry Allen. Of course as I think of this, I'm sure the move was because the show is the origin of The Flash and the movie will be set a good amount of time after the origin.

Yeah I was a little confused on the casting for him. I thought they should've had the actor from the show play Barry Allen. Of course as I think of this, I'm sure the move was because the show is the origin of The Flash and the movie will be set a good amount of time after the origin.

Ezra Miller is 22. Grant Gustin (tv's Flash) is 24.

Having multiple takes on a single character is a major part of the comics industry.

So having more than one Flash going on at once is really not a stretch at all.

Having multiple takes on a single character is a major part of the comics industry.

So having more than one Flash going on at once is really not a stretch at all.

No, I get that. For sure,

I don't however see how you get a single cinematic universe by scrapping quite a few established characters... (i.e. batman, arrow, lantern, flash) 

Not much concern for continuity right out of the gate...

As uninterested by a lot of the Marvel movies, you have to give them credit for tying everything together so well.

Hell, if you didn't see Winter Solider opening week there was a whole episode of Agents of Shield that meant nothing to you.

DC are better comics, better characters. Marvel just really knocked it out of the park they way they started the avengers from scratch. it was a gamble for sure, but obviously it's paid off by the truckload. DC has to keep restarting everything but constantly trying to jump a mile ahead to catch up to marvel. It's becoming more and more embarrassing. I want to believe the Batman v superman movie will be great, and I'll definitely give them the benefit of the doubt, but 3arl's critique of MOS is spot on. I think that's more Snyder's style than anything. He doesn't know how to give his movies any real emotion. MOS got so close at points, but by the time you got to process an important scene, it jumped to the next one. 

DC are better comics, better characters. Marvel just really knocked it out of the park they way they started the avengers from scratch. it was a gamble for sure, but obviously it's paid off by the truckload. DC has to keep restarting everything but constantly trying to jump a mile ahead to catch up to marvel. It's becoming more and more embarrassing. I want to believe the Batman v superman movie will be great, and I'll definitely give them the benefit of the doubt, but 3arl's critique of MOS is spot on. I think that's more Snyder's style than anything. He doesn't know how to give his movies any real emotion. MOS got so close at points, but by the time you got to process an important scene, it jumped to the next one.

This might be the DCCU's downfall. Take it slow. No need to rush into a JLA film

A big part of this falls less on DC and more on the company producing these. Disney has the confidence in the Marvel universe (and the money) to do whatever they want. I don't even know who is producing all this DC stuff, or if it's even being done within the same company (I would guess it is, because it makes sense, but I'm too lazy to look)

Dear DC,

Your comics are much grittier than Marvel's. Please just make your movies R-rated and awesome, rather than what they have been.

<3,

John

I agree with this so much, but it will probably never happen because $$$$$$.

Anyway, I've said it before in some other thread, but DC blows Marvel out of the water most of the time, IMO. The books and characters have way more substance than most Marvel characters. I enjoyed MOS, so I hope that the rest of their films can live up to how deep the comics are. I don't think they'll all be like MOS. Different characters, different settings, different film. 

I am also fucking stoked that Ezra Miller is going to play The Flash. There may have been some better options right out of the gate, but with the casting for Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc., I trust that they know what they're going to do. He's an actor and he's going to play The Flash in The Flash, not Patrick from Perks of Being a Wallflower because that is what it seems like everyone is thinking.

People should stop complaining and just trust them to do their thing, unless they come out and announce something obviously absurd. This should be an awesome rest of the decade for DC films.

I agree with this so much, but it will probably never happen because $$$$$$.

Anyway, I've said it before in some other thread, but DC blows Marvel out of the water most of the time, IMO. The books and characters have way more substance than most Marvel characters. I enjoyed MOS, so I hope that the rest of their films can live up to how deep the comics are. I don't think they'll all be like MOS. Different characters, different settings, different film. 

I am also fucking stoked that Ezra Miller is going to play The Flash. There may have been some better options right out of the gate, but with the casting for Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc., I trust that they know what they're going to do. He's an actor and he's going to play The Flash in The Flash, not Patrick from Perks of Being a Wallflower because that is what it seems like everyone is thinking.

People should stop complaining and just trust them to do their thing, unless they come out and announce something obviously absurd. This should be an awesome rest of the decade for DC films.

This. I know a lot of people are questioning Affleck as Batman in the new movie, but anyone can be Batman, so long as they can walk around looking like a badass and talk in a gravely voice. The key is, can they play Bruce Wayne?  I think Affleck can pull of a Bruce, but I also doubt there will be a ton of Bruce Wayne moments in Dawn of Justice, so who knows.

I think one of the strengths of the Disney Marvel movies is that they use the same actors all the time because they have the budget to keep upping their checks, even if they actors don't necessarily want to keep going.

I also think that he's going to be playing an older batman (if they're following the era of Batman that everyone seems to suppose they are) so I can see switching actors, though Affleck is only two years older than Bale.

Anywho. I always get excited about super hero movies until they disappoint, so I'm hopeful about all the DC offerings coming up.

I don't know how I feel about Ezra Miller as the Flash, I think Grant Gustin is doing pretty good as the Flash even though I knew they weren't going to combine the Arrow/Flash - DCCU universes. I feel like Ezra Miller, Jesse Eisenberg and as I have been saying in my Batman v. Superman thread (which is dead now I guess...) I am REALLY iffy on Ben Affleck as Batman. I know he can play Batman and that is not the issue, my issue is definitely him playing Bruce Wayne. That is what I am fearful for. Because I look at Affleck and I see Affleck the idiotic Hollywood actor that has stupid opinions on things (i.e. Bill Maher's show). I still think we should have gotten a relatively new actor and no name. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this for no real reason, I just wanted the star next to the thread so I'll find it next time.

Though some rumors did come out today, I anyone cares about these:

Ben Affleck’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trainer, Rehan Jalali, taught some nutrition classes in London over the weekend. A Batman News reader who wishes to remain anonymous spoke to Jalali about Ben Affleck as the Dark Knight, and apparently he revealed a few new interesting details. Here’s what Jalali had to say, according to my source:

Jalali and Affleck talk every day.
There are two Batsuits (we’ve seen them both before — he has a traditional Batsuit, and an armored Batsuit like in “The Dark Knight Returns”).
The armored suit has Kryptonite all over it, and it can shoot missiles.
There are two Batmobiles*.
Affleck has a shirtless scene as Bruce Wayne to show off his new physique.
The shirtless scene is beautifully shot and shows Affleck overlooking a destroyed city (probably Metropolis?).