<NOW> ISIS - In The Absence Of Truth (Repress)

Guest Secular Haze

I find it very interesting that people are so excited by this repress. I remember back in 2010 through about 2012 distros couldn't GIVE this album away. Some people on eBay were selling the rarer Daymare presses of this in all the cool color variants and some people would go apeshit for those but as far as just a readily available copy of this, they just sat there. Til the distro gave out in some cases.

That said, I personally think the album is phenomenal.

I find it very interesting that people are so excited by this repress. 

I am because lately some people I've been buying from off of eBay and Discogs just aren't making me feel comfortable. And going through a notable distro for a brand new, sealed product is a lot of peace of mind. 

I find it very interesting that people are so excited by this repress. I remember back in 2010 through about 2012 distros couldn't GIVE this album away. Some people on eBay were selling the rarer Daymare presses of this in all the cool color variants and some people would go apeshit for those but as far as just a readily available copy of this, they just sat there. Til the distro gave out in some cases.

That said, I personally think the album is phenomenal.

Just like Russian Circles - Station.  You couldn't walk through a record store without bumping into 3-4 copies and now it's pretty spendy to pick up.  I think it just takes some albums a little longer to find it's audience then others, especially in cases where they might alienate some of the fan base.

Just like Russian Circles - Station.  You couldn't walk through a record store without bumping into 3-4 copies and now it's pretty spendy to pick up.  I think it just takes some albums a little longer to find it's audience then others, especially in cases where they might alienate some of the fan base.

Its exactly the same with Station! Good call. I remember seeing it go on eBay for like $15 some times with free shipping at one point and that was the point when I wasn't as much into it. I thought it was a total disappointment after Enter and then through some time, I managed to realize that I loved it and luckily scored it direct from SH. Now its like $50 and up. Its so weird.

Never thought of it like that, but if I'm being honest I think this album would be the most 'accessible' to the widest audience for people who aren't familiar with Isis. I listened to it in full yesterday, it definitely feels like their prog rock album (to me). But Holy Tears, though... <3

I think owning this on vinyl has helped me develop a love for this record. Spun it a bunch when I finally got one of the earlier presses and it fluctuates with Panopticon for my favorite Isis record. Jealous of the people who pick up that red/clear. Still holding out for Wavering Radiant to complete the collection.

Every ISIS album is perfect and when this came out I was so stoked to hear something that was not Panopticon and Oceanic. This is not because there is anything wrong with those albums, but in my opinion there is only so far a band can take a single sound before it gets old. They tried something new with the music and vocals and it always stands as some of their best work to me! 
Now, do I need another copy of this....

• 2 weeks later...