<NOW> BARONESS - Red Album (7th Press)

Guest Secular Haze

Looks good. I am going to order one soon, might try my luck and wait until black friday to see if they have another sale. Any chance this came with a download card? My recent relapse records I received have included one.

Yeah there was one in there, I assume maybe it's standard for all of their new releases now...?

I mean...I know we don't condone pirating music on this website...but something like Baroness isn't hard to find and download online for those of you who already own the vinyl but not a digital copy.

That's a good point, and in fact here in the UK it's now legal to copy music from one format to another, provided it's for personal use, and you own the product (e.g. you've not rented it). Technically you could download a copy provided you already own it on vinyl, regardless of whether the label provide a download code or not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29448058

I still appreciate when they just provide one though. I already bought the overpriced version, at least kick me a 320 rip lol

Yeah, it's definitely more convenient when it's provided. I usually snag the .mp3 version somewhere after I order it, before it arrives to listen to it, though.

(Full disclosure: if it's an album I haven't spent much time with/a new album I download it first to see if I really want to buy it...if I like it, I buy it, if not I delete it.)

• 3 weeks later...

Got this in the mail today, looks awesome. Glad to finally own some Baroness on wax, the album artwork looks so nice on a 12 inch jacket. Went ahead and ordered the merge repress of the blue album as well, and I think its awesome how relapse is now giving bandcamp download codes (FLAC downloads FTW).