Soon: Isis - Oceanic (Remastered)

• 2 weeks later...

I think cost is important, of course, but there's other factors:

There's 7 pressings at the moment. This would be the 8th, according to discogs. As much as cost efficiency would be in play, I think no matter what this 8th upcoming pressing will still sell out, or come close to. 

A new mastering + dedicated fans are good reasons to create new plates. 

It definitely won't be the "original" master as that one is 12 years old by now and those plates are probably retired. If anything beside the 2014 master it will be the very last Robotic remaster from 2011. Its the most recent set of plates/mothers and they're already manufactured. They simply need to squeeze more vinyl through them.

I can kind of see the 2014 master being cut though. Even if it isn't as cost effective, its still something they're proud of. I wonder if its going to be cut through a digital transfer as I imagine the 2014 master was bounced from the tape to digital though I don't actually know that for a fact. I seriously HOPE it isn't but it feels like something they would do considering that this master was intended for digital/CD production anyway.

Many questions. I want answers.

From the mouth of Aaron Harris, this RM really pops. Trustworthy? Fox in the henhouse?  I'm gambling.(and probably Panopticon - if it ever sees the light of day - even though the 6th RP on black sounds fantastic.)

Everything Harris has mixed, and especially with Chris Common mastering has been butter to my ears.  I don't know if he had any role in this RM.  I do enjoy my Clear RP copy, sounds great. I have never heard the originals.

Think there will (eventually) be a signifigant difference in value between the translucent green and the splatter?   The splatter is gorgeous and is what I'm leaning towards, but don't think I own a variant of a record with a print run as low as 200 copies... which makes the translucent tempting.