• 2 weeks later...

For Black Friday weekend, we will have standard copies of FLIP001 on sale as well as a couple of bundle deals. Now is a good chance to get a head start on Christmas shopping for that fellow vinyl addict in your life! Follow this link for the sale:

http://flippinrecords.blogspot.com/p/black-friday.html

• 4 months later...

We are now on Twitter @FlippinRecords.

We just ran a contest over there and will be doing another shortly, once our second release is back from the presses.

Follow us on Twitter for info on that as well as release information and future contests.

Lastly, we also have updated our logo. Head on over to facebook or Twitter to check it out and let us know what you think.

www.facebook.com/flippinrecords

www.twitter.com/flippinrecords

For Black Friday weekend, we will have standard copies of FLIP001 on sale as well as a couple of bundle deals. Now is a good chance to get a head start on Christmas shopping for that fellow vinyl addict in your life! Follow this link for the sale:

http://flippinrecords.blogspot.com/p/black-friday.html

bottlenose-dolphin-picture-2-480.jpg

• 3 months later...

Test pressings are in for the second release and sound great! We thought this would be a good time to dig up the last few remaining items from the first release and hold a contest in order to make room for the second release. This is the last copy for most of these items, so this could be your last chance to grab these, before they are gone for good.

Check out the contest over on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/flippinrecords

• 1 month later...

Our second release has been on sale for a few days now. All the box sets are sold out. We still have a few variants left as well as a bunch of regular copies.

www.flippinrecords.blogspot.com

Official Release Info:

Flippin Records is excited to announce our second single featuring "Fever" by The Nimbus of Austin Texas! We are offering 3 different variations of this release, Transparent Blue (limited to 200), Blue/White Marble (limited to 75), and Transparent Blue with White Splatter (limited to 35). To top it off, The Nimbus hand signed 42 art prints that will be inserted into random orders! Every copy of FLIP002 will come with a digital download code for the single.

We also assembled a limited edition of 13 very special box sets for those completists out there! Each completist set will come in its very own “Analog Cloud Storage System” (hand painted, numbered and designed by Martin McCreadie of The Nimbus). The set will include all 3 variations of the release as well as a Test Pressing, Marbled Promo, Signed Art Print, and an Original Multimedia Art Collage hand made by Martin McCreadie which is exclusive to the completist set! As an added bonus, all completist sets will ship with an extra Transparent Blue copy so you don’t have to break the seals inside the book, unless you really want to!

"The Nimbus’ own take on electronics drenched rock music is stylistically, in turn, steeped in the 80s new wave and gothic styles, with clear dramatic vocals over layers and layers of melancholy electronics, heavy thudding beats and droning guitars." - The Deli Magazine, Austin

is it tho? serious question. outside of rsd, where do we see $17 7"s? or furthermore, DIY/indie labels charging 3 price tiers on their little-known releases?

Yes it is.  I would look at all of the labels in the same circle as this one: Grimtale Records, Jett Plastic Records, Philthy Phonographic Records, Shed House Records....

They all have multiple variants, priced in increasing price points and also all selling out pretty fast when they release stuff.

Yes it is.  I would look at all of the labels in the same circle as this one: Grimtale Records, Jett Plastic Records, Philthy Phonographic Records, Shed House Records....

They all have multiple variants, priced in increasing price points and also all selling out pretty fast when they release stuff.

just bc it sells doesn't make it fair. but i did see some of those labels doing similar practices. i guess those labels just aren't for me.

i personally don't think it's cool when any label does it tbh. i just hadn't heard of it bc the labels i tend to buy from don't practice that - at least as far as i know. which is why i asked in the first place. but i don't think a label who is on their 2nd release charging $17 can say "yeah but third man does it" and have everything be gravy.

i personally don't think it's cool when any label does it tbh. i just hadn't heard of it bc the labels i tend to buy from don't practice that - at least as far as i know. which is why i asked in the first place. but i don't think a label who is on their 2nd release charging $17 can say "yeah but third man does it" and have everything be gravy.

Fair enough.  It is not for everyone...but evidently it is for enough people as they are selling out.