Blindside & Selfmindead (Reunion) Benefit Shows

Unfortunately (for most of us) these shows are happening in Europe. If you live near either of these places, I envy you.

Selfmindead contacted my brother (who lives in Copenhagen) and said they'd like to do a benefit show for him and his family. (Find out more about my brother and his situation here... http://www.stephenfights.org )

It's incredibly awesome as they've been one of our favorite bands for a long time, and it's so touching that they'd reach out to pull this together for his family.

10409766_362657627230226_276431121264428

4 Dec Stockholm BLINDSIDE + SELFMINDEAD
5 Dec Oslo MANTRIC + SELFMINDEAD

We're hoping that the shows can be streamed or recorded for release, but I don't have any details on that yet.

I am unsure of your level of sarcasm, but I will take that as a compliment.

And I am only barely joking.

Take it as a compliment. It's a great album. Not my #1 pick for something to be pressed but it should. Or it could have been done 7-8 years ago when the band was a little less forgotten. 

I like this thread getting bumped.

I saw Blindside once. In summer 2001, I think, I saw Squad Five, Blindside, and Tenderfoot in Melbourne, FL at the Tab. Epic.

Tenderfoot was sooo good. Saw them and Denison Marrs in a bar with like 6 other people, right after they spun off from Dear Ephesus.

What was their album called? I also tried googling it, with no luck. I did stumble upon a Dear Ephesus bandcamp page though with some stuff I had not heard before. http://officialdearephesus.bandcamp.com/

The Consolation Of Pianissimo pretty much defined what I thought "emo" should sound like when I first started hearing that label get thrown around. DE definitely still holds up for me!

I also just realized that I still don't own their first EP. I need to start actively looking for a copy of that cd.