SpazzyMcGee

SMLXL vinyl thread for Relient k (Now: RSD, 7" series IV)

488 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, thefavoriteplay said:

The super mystery album people were guessing the name of for a test press is a Louis Armstrong greatest hits record haha.

Look at SMLXL branching out with their licensing. 

Not the first Louis Armstrong exclusive they've pressed- they did a Christmas album of his, too.

I still haven't snagged a copy of Air For Free (I know, I'm a loser), I wish I would have gotten the sweet split variant. 

That being said, anyone have that split variant for sale? Also I was looking on Discogs and some people have the white pressing available but say that it has both regular LP's, but also mispressed LP's? what was the problem with the white pressing? 

10 minutes ago, Ogrejoyed said:

I still haven't snagged a copy of Air For Free (I know, I'm a loser), I wish I would have gotten the sweet split variant. 

That being said, anyone have that split variant for sale? Also I was looking on Discogs and some people have the white pressing available but say that it has both regular LP's, but also mispressed LP's? what was the problem with the white pressing? 

Those who ordered the first press of Air For Free (I was one of them) most had skipping and playback issues throughout the LPs. When I received my free replacement, SMLXL just sent out the new LPs with no jacket and an apology letter explaining what to do with the defective discs - turn them into bowls. Lol 

15 minutes ago, Ogrejoyed said:

It's available here:

https://www.smlxlvinyl.com/products/relient-k-air-for-free-split-color-limited-edition?variant=31994626499

On 4/22/2017 at 9:38 AM, regan138 said:

Stand Blue is the same as the Mixed Marbled Baby Blue that is advertised on the SMLXL website, right?

Sorry just saw this, I think there is just the one variant. I was just calling it a standard blue. 

What I find interesting though is that SMLXL states that the Hello Hurricane jacket will be gatefold. Maybe we will get some expanded artwork. 

59 minutes ago, thefavoriteplay said:

Sorry just saw this, I think there is just the one variant. I was just calling it a standard blue. 

What I find interesting though is that SMLXL states that the Hello Hurricane jacket will be gatefold. Maybe we will get some expanded artwork. 

That would be perfecf

SMLXL shipped me my copy of Hello Hurricane outside my full order with Relient K (I guess those aren't done yet) and I received Hello Hurricane today and I'm sad to say the jacket is not gatefold. But it does sound nice. I'm happy SMLXL shipped this early so I didn't have to wait.