SMLXL vinyl thread for Relient k

Five Score and Seven Years Ago preorder is live.

Says it won't be more than 4,000 units and ships mid/late September.

http://smlxl-vinyl.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/relient-k-five-score-and-seven-years-ago-2lp-vinyl-pre-selling-mid-2015

Yay! Excited for this. I'm laughing though because under the thread for MMHMM people were saying Five Score would never be pressed since it apparently didn't sell well. Ha!

Totally worth it.  Ordered.  

Really hoping they press their self-titled, Nashville Tennis EP/B-sides comp, and K is For Karaoke albums.  Those would be so fun to own on vinyl.

I bet those would be hard sells... I mean I'd buy them... but idk how many people would justify the $25 price tag for "those"

I love Relient K and I really like this album....but I am going to wait until I can afford it. I would definitely order their other records too, especially the Bird and The Bee Sides - I love that comp. I wonder if that would be a 4LP though?

It fits on a single CD, a 2xLP would suffice no sweat. Although according to my iTunes library, there are 13 other loose tracks that weren't included, which (somewhat irrationally) peeves me a bit.

It fits on a single CD, a 2xLP would suffice no sweat. Although according to my iTunes library, there are 13 other loose tracks that weren't included, which (somewhat irrationally) peeves me a bit.

I was just thinking about the 25 or so tracks I remember on my IPod.(being so many) I see wikipedia says that the full thing is 71+ minutes, so I guess yeah a 2LP.

I remember a bunch of tracks being released through a scavenger hunt for it, as well, that weren't on the actual cd.

had a listen to 5 Score again and have to say, if I forget Capitol put it out, it's actually a pretty great follow up to MMHMM, obvious radio-singles withstanding. More polished but still very punchy

SMLXL re-tweeted a post from the company currently re-mastering 5 Score for vinyl.  Pretty stoked it'll be remastered.  

I remember a bunch of tracks being released through a scavenger hunt for it, as well, that weren't on the actual cd.

Yeah, they did release like 5 tracks through the scavenger hunt but they were all low-quality versions of previously released tracks, unfortunately.  And it was a bummer that their original intention to release the demo version of "Sadie Hawkins Dance" through that hunt didn't happen.  Matt Thiessen apparently cancelled it at the last minute, claiming it was an embarrassing demo and didn't want it out...still, I know a few people out there from the old RK message board have it.  

Yeah, they did release like 5 tracks through the scavenger hunt but they were all low-quality versions of previously released tracks, unfortunately.  And it was a bummer that their original intention to release the demo version of "Sadie Hawkins Dance" through that hunt didn't happen.  Matt Thiessen apparently cancelled it at the last minute, claiming it was an embarrassing demo and didn't want it out...still, I know a few people out there from the old RK message board have it.  

I wonder if he feels the same about collapsible lung? 

I wonder how long preorders for 5 Score will be up until they shrink that estimated number of 4000 down to 1000? -Or- how long will I have to order this? 

Weren't mmhmm, Reindeer, Anatomy and Two lefts up for months? I'll be getting my copy on Tuesday, I think. That is if it's still up, which it should be. They'll be taking preorders as long as people are buying.

My biggest vinyl regret ever is not getting Vinyl Countdown when it was still available in their store.

Totally worth it.  Ordered.  

Really hoping they press their self-titled, Nashville Tennis EP/B-sides comp, and K is For Karaoke albums.  Those would be so fun to own on vinyl.

S/T would be cool for completion of their discography. As an album, it's pretty bad though. Nashville Tennis EP is fantastic though. K is For Karaoke is pretty fun too. I'd LOVE a 7" for the Apathetic EP though, with The Truth on side and Apathetic Way To Be on the other. Always thought that would be a the best 7" ever. In like a lion is on Reindeer, and The Thief is on Nashville Tennis, so... The acoustic ones I can be without.

I remember when they put up Apathetic Way To Be on their purevolume site (hey, it's still there!) and I downloaded it with ~50 kbps VBR and listened to it all summer and then it was released on the Apathetic Way To Be EP. And the mmhmm vinyl. Such a good song. The Truth is even better.

500 copies each.  They'd sell.

For sure.

Fallen Man is the only studio song I know of from around the time of Five Score. A bonus 7" with that and some other song had been cool. Love that song.

SMLXL re-tweeted a post from the company currently re-mastering 5 Score for vinyl.  Pretty stoked it'll be remastered.  

Hooray for that!

Great post, don. Just wantd to say re:self-titled...when stacked against the rest of their discography, it suffers. Definitely. As an album on its own back in 2000, it was really fun and actually pretty good. Given that there are many bands out there whose first (not very good) albums have been pressed, I don't see why it couldn't work to press the S/T. At least, as you said, for the completeness factor. SMLXL says its up to the Matts whether it gets pressed.

Finally placed my order.

For some bands, there is this crowd that would buy anything they put out, just for the collections... I don't know if relient K is this kind of band? mmhmm is a scene classic record, so that's why it sold good... If they were to, say, put out the Employee Of The Month EP on a 10", would it sell?

Gaaaah. The Employee tracks should have been on the D side of Two Lefts!!!