SMLXL vinyl thread for Relient k

Just received confirmation "The Bird and the Bee Sides" will be released on vinyl.   Self-titled and Karaoke likely not happening.  

awwww yisssss.

Self-Titled is a bad album. C-grade MxPx apery played at 75% tempo. No tracks. It's probably for the best that it's being lost to the sands of time.

Glad to hear about Bird and the Bee Sides, though!

Normally I'd frown upon personal opinion being stated as fact.... but I can't stand that album. at all.

Y'all must've gotten into RK after their self-titled because that album is awesome. Yes, it is way lower than the rest of their creative output but it is a fun, straightforward, raw-sounding pop-punk album that has some great hooks and really catchy songs. It's an album that shouldn't be compared to the rest of their work but should be viewed as a pretty good debut from a band trying to find their creative niche.

Just received confirmation "The Bird and the Bee Sides" will be released on vinyl.   Self-titled and Karaoke likely not happening.  

This is the BEST news of today. Thank you very much. Have you been in contact with smlxl? Pleeeeeease, please tell them to put The Truth on ANYTHING. It's one of their best songs. It'll never get the vinyl treatment in any other way. Neither will Operation of Creepy. They should expand the B-sides part of Birds & Bees.

Edit: What can I do is another track that I love that isn't on vinyl yet.

Edit 2: Neither is Fallen Man. Oh, well.

I was way into it when I first heard it (12-13 years old) but it has aged horribly. The lyrics in particular are brutal, pretty much the gold standard for the "this song could either be about God or a girl" trope of early/mid-2000s Christian rock.

I could totally do without s/t on vinyl, but it kinda feels weird having all other records and not that one. That's just the collector nerd in me talking. Music wise, the first half of the album is "fun", the second half is bad. Wake Up Call/Benediction is good, McFly, Girlfriend and Softer to me are OK. Listened to it at 15 years old, but not much after that. I kinda feel the same way about Anatomy... Some of the tracks on that one are great, others are pretty bland.

Also, am I the only one who does the spelling of relient K with a lower case r? It's still programmed into my brain, just like I still do blink-182 with lower case b and the hyphen.

Got my copies today! I must say, they look terrific. Haven't listened to any of them yet. Only (real) letdown is that they left so much unused space on side D of Anatomy. They could've easily fit Operation on there. Maybe even the entire Creepy EP.

On the other hand, the four sides of Two Lefts are wonderfully split. What do they mean by "turn"? Also love the lyric sheets, they look amazing and and fold outs of both albums are great.

I noticed there's an edge on both albums (the vinyl), that I'm not used to. Anyone else notice it? Is it common?

Anyways, I agree, they should have proof read. Saide Hawkins? I don't think so.

I agree, S-M-L-XL did a great job on the albums. The art looks great! It reminds me of how disappointed I was with the Sony/Legacy pressing of the Incubus albums - some of the art on those presses were "blown-up" and pixelated. 

I did notice the D side of Anatomy, it's a shame they couldn't have fit more music on there or even some kind of etching like that one Rilo Kiley album. 

They put bonus stuff on Mmhmm and Let it Snow... though...

The original pressing of Mmhmm already had "Apathetic Way to Be" on it...and the three bonus tracks on Let It Snow were later inserted in as tracks 1, 2 and 3 on the digital release of the album, so it makes sense why they included them...they were never bonus tracks in the sense that they were inserted at the end of the album as a 'bonus', you know?

Well... Maybe they don't like their b-sides too much. Or maybe they're putting them on Birds and Bees.

Why waste space on a long silence on vinyl?

Two left Turns don't make a right, but Three do. There's a 4th "Turn" so W/E but yeah that is what they mean. 

My RK collection is complete as I have The Vinyl Countdown. 

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...