PO NOW: Ben Seretan - Ben Seretan [2xLP One Bone/Gold swirl, One Gold inside Clear)

So sometimes I like to go on bandcamp and go to the best selling vinyl releases section and pick out random records to check out. Sometimes I stumble on good stuff, sometimes terrible stuff. This is an example of a good find I landed on.

The album only has one track streaming at the moment, the 7 and a half minute light leaks - it floored me, such beautiful guitar, a fragile voice and toward the end the intricacies and details really hit hard in the feels.

Pre-order here: https://benseretan.bandcamp.com/

October 28 release date

0003711746_10.jpg

*edit*

Found a video for one of the tracks on youtube

Sweet, listening now

https://www.facebook.com/benseretan/posts/784245188305266

In addition to the 8 songs that make up "Ben Seretan," I'm also releasing over an hour of bonus material on Tuesday. The tape version of "Ben Seretan" includes a piece called "Costa Mesa Plays Itself," a 53-minute organ drone dedicated to the wonders of my hometown in California. It'll be available online, too, and it features an insanely beautiful and minimal comic by the mighty talent MJ Robinson, posted here:

https://www.facebook.com/benseretan/photos/a.289722844424172.68855.162776873785437/784342401628878/?type=1

Released today, album is phenomenal - stream it full on his bandcamp. Dude is super nice too, he has purposefully lowered international shipping to expose his music overseas. I bought a couple of his other albums in digital form to make up for him taking a loss on shipping this thing to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Received this gem today. First disc is more pink/dark green swirl, second LP is yellow inside coke bottle green.

Included a super poster and hand written note from Ben. This is the type of artist that is so easy to support - so hard working but takes the time to acknowledge your support for the record.

The album is fucking amazing too

This is why I love VC and Bandcamp. Finding these awesome gems.

First track didn't do much, so skipped, but second song is incredibly good.

And fifteen dollars for a 2LP? For a 2LP?????

I'll gladly support this magnificent man and his gorgeous beard.

Ordered.

Good stuff man glad you dig, yes Light Leaks is a phenomenal track isn't it

Hopefully Ben won't mind me posting this - but just goes to show how awesome he is:

1376504_10152899285143274_35969706527937

Good stuff man glad you dig, yes Light Leaks is a phenomenal track isn't it

Hopefully Ben won't mind me posting this - but just goes to show how awesome he is:

1376504_10152899285143274_35969706527937

That is super awesome. He seems like such a good guy.

I threw him a little message as well, saying how he should be more well known and stuff. I hope to receive a handwritten note as well, but I'll just be glad to have this record.

Judging on "Light Leaks," I'm sure it won't disappoint.