PO Soon: Interstellar Soundtrack

myplaydirect just sent a download code out for the docking sequence music "no time for caution". i was hoping we'd get that without having to pay more. zimmer put it up on iTunes last night, but i think people were having to pay for it.

If you already bought the album on iTunes all you have to do is message iTunes Help about it and they send you 2 free credits to download it and another song of your choosing. 

so they have that track 'no time for caution' marked as track 22... but if it was music for the docking scene, shouldn't it be somewhere between track 14_Detach and track 15_S.T.A.Y.  which incidentally is where I placed the Spinning Doc track from soundcloud... also, no time for caution sounds a lot like spinning doc in parts, just with the melody is softer in the mix...

Relistening to this soundtrack over and over has reduced me to this state about wanting to go to space.

And also, someone keeps updating their version of the docking scene cue. It's pretty much the best we will get at this point probably. Shame this one won't appear on the vinyl version probably. 

The complete score is now available for streaming via Paramount FYC. 

http://www.paramountguilds.com/interstellar/score/

Awesome. The short snippets about the rendering of the Black Hole and the score on there were very interesting too. I saw the movie the weekend it came out and was like, "oh, that was cool," but then a couple days ago I was thinking about it and I'm like, "I'll just go see it again." It was absolutely incredible the second time; I feel like I could watch it a hundred times and love it. 

I finally saw this movie and was able to see it in IMAX and I must say, I just didn't enjoy it. Same with the score, it didn't really jump out at me. I will have to listen to it more. Now, will I buy the inevitable vinyl release, yes(gotta keep that Zimmer collection going). I feel I liked Inception more than Interstellar. To me, I feel like with The Dark Knight Rises being terrible IMO, and now Interstellar wasn't that great to me, I feel like Nolan is losing his touch. 

I don't know, I might have to watch the movie again to "get" it. 

Nolan is at the top of his game imo.  I walked out of Interstellar uncertain of how I felt.  The more I thought about it the more I enjoyed it.  The plot was enormous.  There was too much, even for nearly 3 hours.  It worked well at capturing what it intended though.  I felt the soundtrack matched the atmosphere perfectly.  They went through a damn worm hole, of course the music will get obnoxiously loud.  

I finally saw this movie and was able to see it in IMAX and I must say, I just didn't enjoy it. Same with the score, it didn't really jump out at me. I will have to listen to it more.......I feel like Nolan is losing his touch. I don't know, I might have to watch the movie again to "get" it. 

TDKR had so much going against it for Nolan but all things set aside this movie is leagues better. Im a huge Nolan/Hans fan and thought both the movie and score were on par. The movie takes multiple viewings to really get it. I've seen it three times and read The Science of Interstellar book and Im still assessing it. That book really helps you go deeper into what you're watching; highly recommend reading it. Viewing it once and making a decision is not fair with how many layers there are to the movie.

I finally saw this movie and was able to see it in IMAX and I must say, I just didn't enjoy it. Same with the score, it didn't really jump out at me. I will have to listen to it more. Now, will I buy the inevitable vinyl release, yes(gotta keep that Zimmer collection going). I feel I liked Inception more than Interstellar. To me, I feel like with The Dark Knight Rises being terrible IMO, and now Interstellar wasn't that great to me, I feel like Nolan is losing his touch. 

I didn't enjoy The Dark Knight Rises much either...thought it was just me lol.  It was a such a mess of a movie...Interstellar was pretty good.  I want to see it on 70mm but have no theaters near me for it.  

TDKR had so much going against it for Nolan but all things set aside this movie is leagues better. Im a huge Nolan/Hans fan and thought both the movie and score were on par. The movie takes multiple viewings to really get it. I've seen it three times and read The Science of Interstellar book and Im still assessing it. That book really helps you go deeper into what you're watching; highly recommend reading it. Viewing it once and making a decision is not fair with how many layers there are to the movie.

That is what I figured, that I would have to see it again. 

I thought the movie and score are both fantastic. The more I think of the movie and talked with others, the more impressed I sm with it. Like others have said, the undertaking of a film like that is just amazing. All in all, my dad and I came away at 1am on a Wednesday night just amazed at what we saw. And to just think about the possibilities and isolation if space and space travel is just chilling. I think this movie captured that really well. Sure, some of the dialogue and human love stuff isn't the best, but it didn't really ruin the movie for me at all. My biggest complaint really with the soundtrack is the sequencing of it and that you have to get the digital deluxe for some of the best songs and themes and the deluxe then isn't in order once you have it. That's kind of annoying so I just reordered everything as best I could. Sorry for the long post.

It's a grower for sure. And for all of it's hard science and conceptual physics, it's fundamentally a very emotional, human movie. When you approach it that way, it's definitely more compelling a second time around than it might have been on a first viewing, when it's still about trying to make sense of all the madness.