Keep In Touch Flexi Subscription (Cloud Nothings, IIOI, Big Ups, more)

So these are going to be flexi postcards and mailed as such, right? A flexi not in a mailer is going to get folded/bent to be inserted into my mail box. Not sure if I want to take the risk on this.

This has been the case with my tobias jesso jr flexis... sent in regular envelopes and all bent...all 3 so far play terribly, but what can ya do? Those were only 10 bucks (including shipping) though so a smaller investment for sure

hey my name is jessi and kit is my project. i run a label called father/daughter so i can vouch that this isn't a rip @foreagain. the quality of the flexi postcard is a challenge but each one comes with a link to download, art curated by each artist + a handwritten note. more of a collector's item than an audiophile quality record that's for sure.

If they were normal flexis, I'd likely be down, but the sound quality on the postcard ones is supposed to be shit and they're extremely prone to damage.

this. a regular flexi can get bent and be fine as long as its not like folded. postcards are another story, plus even worse sound quality than a regular flexi.

that being said i'll happily trade someone some street dogs or fm 357 flexis for the so so glos one

Oh, I'm not saying this is a scam or an untrustworthy label. I'm sure it's done with the best of intentions. Just tough to deliver on a long-term project like this if you aren't very prepared for it. Do you have all 12 songs recorded and ready to go? Or at least the first half? Do you have a production schedule with the plant so you aren't going to get stuck waiting for 4 months for one of them? 

If you are actually sending these out as postcards (and not in a mailer or envelope of some sort), I would highly advise saving about 10-20% of the pressing to replace ones that inevitably get completely destroyed and/or never show up. These things are not durable and really are meant for promotional purposes, hence not really caring if they get a little dinged up in the mail. If someone paid for it, they'll have different expectations and there are some SERIOUS punishers out there. 

• 7 months later...