The STAR WARS Thread

slinch

If you want to give up the BTTF codes, I'd be grateful for them, homeboy :)

I'll get back to you after I get home from work around 4:30ish.

Don't recommend the target exclusive solely because it comes in an all cardboard cheap packaging but it does have the better exclusive bonus material it seems.

I was tempted to pick that one up until I saw that the bonus special features are just digital and not on disc. I will end up watching them online at some point I'm sure.

Got the steelbook in the mail yesterday and it's really nice. Bummed they ended up charging so much for it, though. If I had known, I would've cancelled my PO and gone with the Walmart exclusive with the BB-8 fold out slipcover.

Oh and speaking of BB-8, they just released an update for the Sphero droid that has a feature where you watch the movie with him and he reacts to it. I can't wait to try it out!

I read online it was on disc?

Nah, I wish! I made sure it wasn't on disc because on disc extra footage > fancy metal case any day. A little unrelated but I would never buy a bluray again if streaming services offered special features. I'm sure that's why they aren't streamed now that I think about it.

I think after it first came out, I complained about how much I disliked the movie in this thread but I have come around after a few viewings. I just hope more is explained in 8.

Bronchitis, thank you!

Also, Ep VII is a touch more fascinating after reading Aftermath and more so Lost Stars.... That Star Destroyer on Jakku has a backstory.

I just finished aftermath and didn't think that much of the writing. It hinted somewhat of the future towards the end, but the characterization was poor and the story not that engaging. And this was the "adult" book. I hear Lost Stars was better received. 

I just finished aftermath and didn't think that much of the writing. It hinted somewhat of the future towards the end, but the characterization was poor and the story not that engaging. And this was the "adult" book. I hear Lost Stars was better received.

I felt the same about Aftermath. There were a bunch of spelling errors and editing mistakes that made reading it tough. Not to mention that virtually nothing tied to the Force Awakens.

Agreed 100% on your views on Aftermath, however I am optimistic that the next in the series will make the first stronger. Yes, read lost stars. It's a great read, I really enjoyed it. I'm working on Tarkin now, so far it's interesting.

Check out the Marvel graphic comics, they are really well written.

never cared very much about extra content.  I'll shell out a few dollars more for a steelbook + digital copy, but that's about it.

Just ordered the Best Buy steelbook version of Star Wars and Hateful Eight.  Threw in a Watchman steelbook for an extra $7.

so many great films <3 I'm going to grab that H8 one as well