The STAR WARS Thread

slinch

This trailer is absolutely full of cheese, but I LOVE IT. I shed a tear twice, a tiny one when the x-wings show up and a big one when the falcon appears.

Ain't gonna lie. I was stirred a bit...esp. seeing the X-wings and Falcon as well. And when the classic Williams score kicked in...oh man...I was moved to tears of joy. 

F them for putting a jump scare at the beginning of the trailer.  I hate that shit, because they get me every time.  Everything else looked great.  When that saber fired up, I instantly thought "whoa, Darth Kurgan?!?"  Ha ha.

Disclaimer-I like the prequel trilogy.  I am one of the small minority of Star Wars fans who grew up with the originals, liked the prequels, and will probably enjoy every Star Wars movie ever made, just because.  Enjoy the ride, people. 

F them for putting a jump scare at the beginning of the trailer.  I hate that shit, because they get me every time.  Everything else looked great.  When that saber fired up, I instantly thought "whoa, Darth Kurgan?!?"  Ha ha.

Disclaimer-I like the prequel trilogy.  I am one of the small minority of Star Wars fans who grew up with the originals, liked the prequels, and will probably enjoy every Star Wars movie ever made, just because.  Enjoy the ride, people. 

Have you seen any of the Star Wars Rebels cartoon on Disney XD? That is actually a really fun show to watch! It's like a 30 minute adventure each week.

Cross-saber is the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. I know everyone lost their shit when the double-sided light saber debuted in Phantom, but this just feels like they're grasping too hard.

Agreed on the cross-saber. I could see where it might be useful to take off some dude's hand that you're dueling with though.

So wait, this takes place after the original trilogy, right? Why are there still storm troopers?

Just because the Emperor and Vader are dead, doesn't mean the Empire immediately falls apart. They have a command structure, so the next dude in line takes over.

Edit: I realized there is a good chance I came off as a real prick saying that the way I did. Just know that it's me explaining it, not a, "How doesn't this guy know these things?" kind of thing.