PO: The Cinema - Talking In Your Sleep

But it always makes me wish Leighton had this project so he could get his Owl City bubblegum pop out with these albums and make more Lydia albums like This December and Illuminate.  But, unfortunately, that day didn't come :(

this. makes me wonder why the cinema even exists in the first place

the cinema have a few solid, solid tracks – really enjoyed the first album, for sure. and i think the new record will be a good listen. but not sure why people want dance pop on vinyl, no matter how much indie cred its writers have...

aaron marsh sounds so uncomfortable and out of place in that preview clip.

Bleh. I like The Cinema for a few tracks.

But it always makes me wish Leighton had this project so he could get his Owl City bubblegum pop out with these albums and make more Lydia albums like This December and Illuminate.  But, unfortunately, that day didn't come  :(

The Wolf, Kill It and My Blood is Full of Airplanes were my favorite tracks off The Cinema's debut.

I do miss their sound on the first two but I've accepted that the original Lydia is gone.

For anyone unfamiliar with post-breakup Lydia, Paint It Golden is an excellent autumn album.

Devil isn't bad, either ;)

The Wolf, Kill It and My Blood is Full of Airplanes were my favorite tracks off The Cinema's debut.

I do miss their sound on the first two but I've accepted that the original Lydia is gone.

For anyone unfamiliar with post-breakup Lydia, Paint It Golden is an excellent autumn album.

Devil isn't bad, either ;)

Yeah, I liked 3-4 songs off their debut too. I just really thought that when this came out in 2011 and Paint it Golden came out in 2011 that most of the flowery power-pop would be put into the Cinema, and the darker deeper stuff would be branded as "Lydia".

Especially considering that when he came back in 2011 both projects were just him and one other person in each project.  But, instead, the two projects get closer and closer in sound with every release :\

Yeah, I liked 3-4 songs off their debut too. I just really thought that when this came out in 2011 and Paint it Golden came out in 2011 that most of the flowery power-pop would be put into the Cinema, and the darker deeper stuff would be branded as "Lydia".

Especially considering that when he came back in 2011 both projects were just him and one other person in each project.  But, instead, the two projects get closer and closer in sound with every release :\

Yeah, the line between the two projects has blurred to the point of nonexistence. The Cinema is basically Devil minus the real instruments with Leighton channeling his inner Owl City and saying 'yeah' a lot.

I feel like the deeper, darker side of the first two albums was fueled by Leighton's drug addiction and other issues during that time. From his music, it sounds like he's in a better place and now he can finally make bubblegum pop and say 'yeah' as much as he wants with no care in the world. I'm still excited to hear him and Mindy on a track again, even if it is covered in pink frosting and sprinkles!