Relapse Records - 25th Anniversary Re-issue Thread

Le Gogh

So I saw the link below on Relapse's Facebook page, and thought it might be an idea to start a thread so we can all speculate on what will be released, and just generally go ape-shit in excitement over the prospect of long out of print releases being pressed.

Not only that, but it seems there will be extremely limited silver presses of everything next year (my guess would be that each silver press would be limited to 25 copies). Which will no doubt be extremely popular.

Hoping that Leviathan gets the deluxe treatment, just as Remission did. Maybe some good Death re-issues as well. Also thinking that Baroness' Blue Record will get a repress, considering the Red Album has just been done, and Blue hasn't been repressed in a while...

Here's the link:

http://www.relapse.com/label/relapse-records-announces-25th-anniversary-plans.html

Think your wish will be granted with those Death reissues - especially with Leprosy and Spiritual Healing getting the deluxe treatment this year.

Can't wait for Scream Bloody Gore to get deluxified!

Had this teaser gone up a few weeks back I would've guessed that Nasum was going to be one of them, but with the re-issues just getting announced, I don't see that happening.

Would love a re-release of Death Breath's Stinking Up The Night!

Relapse sure takes the cake for making the shittiest sounding metal vinyl in history (all the Nile records, the Amorphis 2LP reissues, Mastodon Remission LP, the Baroness Maida Vale EP etc), I cant imagine how they can sleep at night and now talk about these reissues with a straight face. I at least hope they dont use the likes as Pirates Press again, sick of that dished/warped crap.

Think your wish will be granted with those Death reissues - especially with Leprosy and Spiritual Healing getting the deluxe treatment this year.

Hope so! I almost hope they do a re-issue box set, although I'm not sure my wallet would take the strain...

Relapse sure takes the cake for making the shittiest sounding metal vinyl in history (all the Nile records, the Amorphis 2LP reissues, Mastodon Remission LP, the Baroness Maida Vale EP etc), I cant imagine how they can sleep at night and now talk about these reissues with a straight face. I at least hope they dont use the likes as Pirates Press again, sick of that dished/warped crap.

I can't really speak for the rest of those re-issues, but the Deluxe copy of Remission sounds amazing in my opinion. I'd heard that the previous copy sounded terrible though, and to be honest, even comparing the digital versions I found the original to sound pretty shitty, so I don't know if perhaps that has more to do with the mastering that was done at the time...?

Hoping this means a Times of Grace re-issue, as they specifically mentioned Neurosis.

This and add Through Silver in Blood. My original copies were destroyed in a flood at my parents house a long time ago. People are charging way too much for them nowadays and if they're going to be repressed, I can save some money.

One thing I have learned with Relapse is to buy the black. Their color schemes are pressed so bad and really effects the sound

With that said is anyone wants a grey smoke Neurosis- In Honor of Decay pm me. Side A plays with some noise depending on your setup

My Cough/Windhand split sounded fine on "electric blue" vinyl.

Hope so! I almost hope they do a re-issue box set, although I'm not sure my wallet would take the strain...

I can't really speak for the rest of those re-issues, but the Deluxe copy of Remission sounds amazing in my opinion. I'd heard that the previous copy sounded terrible though, and to be honest, even comparing the digital versions I found the original to sound pretty shitty, so I don't know if perhaps that has more to do with the mastering that was done at the time...?

The original Remission sounds like shit. Distorted mess. The new deluxe however does sound excellent, a major improvement.

The original Remission sounds like shit. Distorted mess. The new deluxe however does sound excellent, a major improvement.

Hrm...I disagree. I think the original (first pressing, black) of Remission sounds fine to me, the re-presses of it prior to the deluxe sound like complete and total garbage though.

Getting miss machine and those neurosis records for 20-30 would be a godsend and a great thing..

The word "Deluxe" scares me. Remember the deluxe version of Whales and Leeches? Two extra short songs that somehow required a whole second 12" and the price was three times the single LP version. Oh, yeah and it had a lenticular cover. That was necessary.

I'd be glad to see standard reissues of the TDEP back catalog but if its deluxe it will be uselessly expensive.

The word "Deluxe" scares me. Remember the deluxe version of Whales and Leeches? Two extra short songs that somehow required a whole second 12" and the price was three times the single LP version. Oh, yeah and it had a lenticular cover. That was necessary.

I'd be glad to see standard reissues of the TDEP back catalog but if its deluxe it will be uselessly expensive.

Valid point. If it is like the new neurosis souls at zero/enemy of the sun "deluxe quality" i would have no problem paying 30 for the stuff i really want.