Record Store Day Black Friday QUESTION

Guest jonpasqual

Guest jonpasqual

I've done Record Store Day in April two years in a row. Usually camp out over night and wait till the shop opens up. I have this feeling that Black Friday RSD is NOT as big of a crowd (due to it being the day after thanksgiving and people having other Black Friday interests). So! what I'm asking is what is a good time to arrive at a shop on Black Friday RSD? I'm going to Lunchbox Record's in Charlotte, NC. Shop opens @ 9. Was originally planning on arriving there @ 4 or 5.

I don't know how popular your store is, but I've been able to get to mine 30 minutes before it opened and get everything I wanted. It's not nearly as popular as the standard RSD and everyone else in the world is skipping Thanksgiving to get new shiny TVs. Honestly if I was considering waiting more than two hours I would just try to find online retailers who stock the items because Black Friday traffic most likely sucks. 

Guest jonpasqual

Thanks EVERYBODY! I really appreciate the suggestions. So yeah! I might still go on 3, 4 or 5. I need that fuckin Death Grips. I REFUSE TO PAY ANY MORE THAN $100! FOR THAT LP. 

Guest jonpasqual

it seems like paying whatever ebay prices are would be better than getting to a shop at 3am and waiting in line for 5-6 hours like a soccer mom trying to score a cheap tv. 

$20 + 15 minute drive + catching up on a ton of albums I need to check out / playing smash bros 3ds for 5 hours vs PAYING $200! 

I can wait outside for a little. 

it seems like paying whatever ebay prices are would be better than getting to a shop at 3am and waiting in line for 5-6 hours like a soccer mom trying to score a cheap tv. 

I used to think the same thing but I tend to get there super early and just read a book. After a few hours somebody gets in line behind me and then an hour later a few more show up. I have been blessed the last few years and had the "single serving friend" scenario (like in fight club) Eventually we all sit and shoot the shit about vinyl and music...next thing you know the doors are open and you are done! The first year I lined up though most people didnt want to chat so it was a loooong wait. For those kind of days I load my phone up with a couple of movies and bring the headphones! 

There is and never will be a record that I'd be willing to camp for...except for maybe an original 1 out of 1 pressing of a Beatles record owned by George Harrison or John Lennon, signed by all four members + some LSD and original mousatche hair of all four...

To each their own! Peace & Love...Peace and Love!!! Hahaha. I remember when we had to camp for movie tix and concerts....now those were the days!

Guest jonpasqual

I have my favorite episodes of Seinfeld on my iPad. Because of that I don't mind lines anymore.

you know whats crazy... I've NEVER seen Seinfeld.. I know! I SUCK! Maybe I'll fill up my phone with some episodes and making the camping a bit smoother 

I live in NC too and always questioned the interest in Death Grips around here, because 98% of the people I've ever talked about/showed Death Grips to hated it. But my record store said Death Grips was what they ordered the most of for BF RSD. I'm going early as well to try and nab that and the East Enders Wives 12".

Guest jonpasqual

I live in NC too and always questioned the interest in Death Grips around here, because 98% of the people I've ever talked about/showed Death Grips to hated it. But my record store said Death Grips was what they ordered the most of for BF RSD. I'm going early as well to try and nab that and the East Enders Wives 12".

hey mate! which store in NC ? also down for a meet up? I'm from NJ and know NO BODY! in NC. So! someone to shoot the shit with and discuss music with would be nice.