PO: Tiamat - Wildhoney out 12/15/14

20 years ago one of the most outstanding albums in Century Media’s history, one of the most diverse and daring in metal history was released and resulted in a major success for both label and band: TIAMAT’s “Wildhoney”. Now, this unique amalgamation of sinister metal and psychedelic, atmospheric and progressive elements is being re-issued on vinyl on time with its 20th anniversary. Packaged in a heavy cardboard Gatefold sleeve, the 2014 edition of “Wildhoney” also features a LP booklet (12-pages) containing the lyrics and is expanded with a poster of the classic Kristian Wahlin cover plus a detailed interview with Johan Edlund, Johnny Hagel, Lars Sköld, Magnus Sahlgren, Waldemar Sorychta, Siggi Bemm used with kind permission from renowned US mag Decibel. A stunning new edition of a stunning album!

Orange vinyl (EU-excl., lim. 200):

https://www.cmdistro.de/Item/Tiamat_-_Wildhoney_-20th_Anniv-_LP_Edt--_-Gatefold_transp-_orange_LP-/2148

White vinyl (US-excl., lim. 200):

http://www.cmdistro.com/Item/Tiamat_-_Wildhoney_-20th_Anniv._Edition-_-White_Vinyl-/48257

Black vinyl (lim. 600):

https://www.cmdistro.de/Item/Tiamat_-_Wildhoney_-20th_Anniversary_LP_Edition-_-Gatefold_black_LP-/2147

56629_635519828161523610.jpg

Man alive this album is a classic! I remember reading something about it being so great and I figured with a name like Tiamat, it had to be fucking heavy. Then I listen to it and I'm like what the fuck is this? Then I listen again, and then again, and finally I realized what everyone was talking about. It's not a metal classic because it's heavy. It's a metal classic because it's not heavy (although it has its heavy moments). This album was a gateway drug for me. It made me realize metal isn't just bands like Slayer. Music can sound like Agalloch or Tiamat and still be metal. This is a must fucking own for me.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, that's what led me to believe the same. Not even sure if I want the white, given the noise issues I have on most of my white vinyl. Anyways, I'll reach out to CM early next week if they're still not posted. 

At this time we expect our stocks for the Tiamat reissues to arrive by the end of next week. Once received we will then post them as available to order automatically.