intheclouds 12 Lathes of Christmas

RadDonut

2 hours ago, Sasan said:

I hope there's no Athletics, Owel and/or HBSB coming...don't want to jump on the train.

The quality of these releases were just below par...speaking of it...if anybody still interested in the first lathe cuts, shoot me a message.

Yeah I have a copy of TPOS - Newly Risen and while I love that album and think the sound is good, it could be much better.  It does have a very appealing warmth to it though.  But a nice solid vinyl pressing of that album would be so sick. 

8 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

I hope and don't hope for the 2 recent Athletics songs. Hopefully he does what he did last time, with more stuff each day.

I was talking to Dan about this last year and he said he didn't want to do a lathe, but rather wanted to do a more special release for it.  But who knows.  I can't believe he only did 100 of the repress.  I'm sure 200 would have moved just as quickly. 

1 minute ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I was talking to Dan about this last year and he said he didn't want to do a lathe, but rather wanted to do a more special release for it.  But who knows.  I can't believe he only did 100 of the repress.  I'm sure 200 would have moved just as quickly. 

Pretty sure he said only 100 were done because of the packaging etc. that is coming with the repress.

15 minutes ago, MrMatt767 said:

Pretty sure he said only 100 were done because of the packaging etc. that is coming with the repress.

Interesting.  Well, I'm glad you guys all were able to snag copies at least.  Hopefully I don't have to resort to paying $100 on discogs as penance for a slow mobile connection haha.

57 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Interesting.  Well, I'm glad you guys all were able to snag copies at least.  Hopefully I don't have to resort to paying $100 on discogs as penance for a slow mobile connection haha.

Yeah that would suck, I'd still hold out hope for a traditional repress though! Surely there wouldn't be anything stopping intheclouds doing that plus, as you said, the demand is there.

15 hours ago, The Butcha said:

In previous years when did these start going up? The 12 days prior to xmas?

It was the same in 2015 - 12 days starting on 12/1.

VERY excited that this is back. Looking forward to seeing what gets the lathe treatment. I thought his setup in 2015 was perfect - pressing numbers and all. I don't think he needs to change a thing.

6 minutes ago, omik11303 said:

It was the same in 2015 - 12 days starting on 12/1.

VERY excited that this is back. Looking forward to seeing what gets the lathe treatment. I thought his setup in 2015 was perfect - pressing numbers and all. I don't think he needs to change a thing.

yeah i thought the way it was done in 2015 was great. 

Also for those who haven't participated in this before, these will take some time to ship so be patient!