intheclouds 12 Lathes of Christmas

RadDonut

I don't think that it matters if you're already logged into paypal...at least I wasn't the second day and had to type in my email & password in the paypal window! I'm pretty sure that it would have been gone 10x during the time window I was typing...

Yeah, you're probably right that it doesn't matter if I'm logged in. Just wanted to do whatever I could to help with the process of grabbing it. 

Sorry. Was pulling for u

Thank you, Charlie. 

The NGHBRS cover looks awesome!

Was just wondering how the bands are chosen? Is it Dan going through bandcamps and asking bands he likes? Any info about how the process looks like (except for HBSB obviously)...

I'm pretty sure Jack helps to secure these particular bands and releases.

I seriously hope that this method is a one-off...I couldn't care less if a record is limited to 3 or to 100! At least I'd have a life again between 5:58 p.m and 6:01 p.m!

I think we'll do a 12 Lathes campaign again next year, but I seriously doubt we create THIS kind of rarity ever again. There's a lot of reasons we wanted/had to do it this way - for the fun of the parody to 12 Days Of Christmas, for Dan's ability to cut lathes with his wife due literally any day now, and logistics/finances w/ some of the bands involved. But we definitely aren't looking to keep intheclouds fans from getting intheclouds records.

The NGHBRS cover looks awesome!

Was just wondering how the bands are chosen? Is it Dan going through bandcamps and asking bands he likes? Any info about how the process looks like (except for HBSB obviously)...

Combination of bands I love and bands Dan loves.  TREOS, Squid, Ghost Parade, and NGHBRS were my offerings, and Dan brought in the rest - obviously HBSB was a mutual thing, since our adoration of the band is well known. 

Personally, I'd love to work with small bands and do small runs, use intheclouds to introduce the world to newer acts that fit with our sound.  Can honestly say I love every band Dan worked with before I came aboard, and every band since.

Still not really sure if I appreciate this way of limitation...basically, because ITC is the only label I collect any release of which I can now forget...would have been nice if there were like 20 each of every release so that one had a real chance to get that one (the first was gone in 2 seconds...)

It just makes me sad that my ITC collection will never be complete... :(

This is an experiment, just like the No Machine one day sale. I doubt we'll ever commit to one single method of sale. 

As far as the collection goes, we kind of see the lathes as a separate type of release - almost a sister to our main series of vinyl.  We've even discussed numbering them differently for exactly this reason.

Thank you for the details, Jack!

Sorry for my ignorance...I thought Dan is still doing everything on his own! :) Didn't know you're part of the ITC-gang!!

It IS a great idea with the parody of the song, just frustrating when you don't score one of those :D

BTW, since you're part of ITC, maybe you could help regarding mails I sent to Dan...he seems to be quite busy with all those releases. Would be great if you could help (I'll send you a PN if that's OK with you).

Thank you for the details, Jack!

Sorry for my ignorance...I thought Dan is still doing everything on his own! :) Didn't know you're part of the ITC-gang!!

It IS a great idea with the parody of the song, just frustrating when you don't score one of those :D

BTW, since you're part of ITC, maybe you could help regarding mails I sent to Dan...he seems to be quite busy with all those releases. Would be great if you could help (I'll send you a PN if that's OK with you).

It's SO MUCH FUN. Seriously, brainstorming w/ Dan is absurd. Half the ideas we come up with aren't even possible.

Dan's still running much of the operation, but shoot me a PM here - I'll try to help the best I can.

This is an experiment, just like the No Machine one day sale. I doubt we'll ever commit to one single method of sale. 

As far as the collection goes, we kind of see the lathes as a separate type of release - almost a sister to our main series of vinyl.  We've even discussed numbering them differently for exactly this reason.

ITC is a top label for me. I have many of their releases and many of their lathes, tests...etc.

The Lathe series is great, sounds great and moves quickly. the time spent with the creativity on all ends is crazy and well worth the wait, price and anticipation.

I hope that one day sales and methods of pressings like this arent constant and youve mentioned that...was just voicing turnoffs. the /40's /100's are cool.

question is: for those of us (99%) who won't get these releases have an opportunity down the line to get one?

It's SO MUCH FUN. Seriously, brainstorming w/ Dan is absurd. Half the ideas we come up with aren't even possible.

Dan's still running much of the operation, but shoot me a PM here - I'll try to help the best I can.

Thanks, man! Just wrote you a PM.

This is something I want to know as well

I pretty much like my idea of releasing an ITC-compilation...maybe we (and even the band members) are lucky to get our hands on the songs pressed on vinyl! :)