Records on a boat.....

....I know bad idea right!!!  But i moved to a boat about a month ago and had to put all of my records and turntable into storage.  But old habits die hard and i'm still purchasing records, and I've done enough research on how to control humidity on the boat and i'm not looking to bring the entire collection back but just have a few gems to listen to every once in a while.  That being said I don't have a lot of space so can someone recommend a decent portable turntable.  I know crosleys get a ton of shit, is there at least one thats better than another?

it's not the advice anyone wants to give you, but if space is seriously an issue, and you;re going to do it anyway...

get an ATLP60, not a Crosley.  It's very small, has a built in preamp, and you can just plug it directly into speakers via an audio in/out or RCA (i think).  Still super cheap, and super small. But I trust AT more than Crosley.

Records on a boat? Google images of radio Caroline, that will give you plenty of ideas, problem is all those Garrard 301's are worth several arms and legs now and you'd need a bit more space I reckon, back in the late 60's the British coastline was surrounded by boats with turntables on.

Or you could try and find one of the portable radio cassette unit's from the 80's as there were quite a few made with turntables, try googling JVC DC-7 as an example or Panasonic SG-J555, neither are hifi quality but both are better than a Crosley

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...