PO: Fordirelifesake "Dance.Pretend.Forget.Defend" and "A Daydream Disaster" 2nd press - /100

In honor of Fordirelifesake deciding to "reunite" at this year's Black Christmas celebration at the Majestic Theater complex in Detroit (see: https://www.facebook.com/events/388221721333951/?ref=22for details), they are not only releasing 3 BRAND NEW SONGS they just recorded, but we're also going to repress both their most recent (2004) full length  Dance.Pretend.Forget.Defend and their discography A Daydream DisasterWe're hoping the records will be done in time for the show, but worst case they'll be shipping shortly after the 1st of the year. Both records will be limited to 100 copies and will once again feature beautiful silk-screened jackets and colored vinyl. We tweaked the color scheme a bit for both. Check em out below. If you want to order one of these fine items, please visit http://forgeagainrecords.com/fdls2015.phpto order one or both. Shipping is included in these prices. And did we mention that if you order either or both records you'll get a FREE download of those 3 new tracks as soon as they're available? Methinks this is a no-brainer. 

For those unfamiliar with Fordirelifesake, simply click the links below to stream these records. They called it quits in the mid-00s but have popped up again here and there for a few reunions and are apparently even recording some new stuff. Members went on to play in bands like Boys Night Out, The Suicide Machines, Hellmouth, Isles and Glaciers, The Receiving End Of Sirens, Rebel Spies, and the A-Gang. And they played in Mycomplex, Bottomed Out, Rescue, etc. etc. 

FAR027-2014%20cover%20x500.jpg

Stream it: https://forgeagainrecords.bandcamp.com/album/dance-pretend-forget-defend

FAR028-2014%20cover%20x500.jpg

Stream it: https://forgeagainrecords.bandcamp.com/album/a-daydream-disaster

Awesome news! I already own these but I may still order these new pressings.

Also, this gives you the chance to fix the spelling error of the word TRAGEDY from TRAGETY on the back of the D.P.F.D. sleeve haha

Thanks Justin!

Awesome thanks for spreading the word. I never even noticed the typo until just now. Definitely need to fix that. Thanks for lookin' out.

If I liked "Breathing In Is Only Half the Function" would I be into their other stuff?

Yes. A Daydream Disaster is a compilation of their songs from splits and EPs, most of which came before Breathing In.. was released so it has the same feel and sound.

Dance.Pretend.Forget.Defend. is noticeably more refined, with much higher production values. It's an awesome album and my favorite release of theirs.

Definitely at least give both those albums a listen on the BandCamp site.

Awesome thanks for spreading the word. I never even noticed the typo until just now. Definitely need to fix that. Thanks for lookin' out.

I remember when I noticed the typo when I got the album, I messaged the band on Myspace and they replied saying something like "haha of course something like that happened right before we split up." It was pretty funny.

Suggestions on the color of the vinyl:

Dance.Pretend.Forget.Defend - Clear Dark Blue / Opaque Gold Split

A Daydream Disaster - Clear Pink / Clear Lime Green / Black Tri-Split

I'm big into matching vinyl color to jacket artwork. If you did something like that, I wouldn't even second guess buying them haha

How will the new songs be available otherwise? I already own these records. Nicely done, by the way.

They'll be available for download at some point this month. There are more than 3, so they'll probably end up on another record in 2015. No, I have no details on that.  

Looks like we'll be hosting the new songs on the Forge Again bandcamp. First one is set to come out next week and the others shortly thereafter. Will put up a pre-order deal soon. If you ordered either record, you'll just get an email with the DL code as soon as it's ready. 

Keep those orders flowin'. You'll get the new jam sooner than anyone else!