1st Annual VC "One Record: One Cause" Charity Drive

also i don't think there is anything wrong with this thread.  i mean who doesn't love a donation thread, but calling people cunts is not going to put people in your corner.

Pretty funny of you to call me out for not donating to a thread I never saw (I could count on one hand how many times I've posted on this forum).

Also I didn't call anyone in particular a "cunt," if you pay attention to the wording I called us cunts, as in a collective, a collective of useless cunts.

But okay, I'll meet your challenge:

My Pledge:

I, raidenradio, pledge to donate $20 to VinylCollective's One Record: One Cause.

I nominate the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (www.cff.org). The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is the world's leader in seeking a cure to end Cystic Fibrosis and improve the lives of those afflicted with the disease.

There, so I've nominated two charities and am in for $40, I am therefore better than all of you useless cunts. Which one of you will try and stop me?

futurama_s03e14_01.jpg

The choice is yours.

Cool man, denial is a powerful thing. Keep telling yourself that you won't donate anything to charity because of my attitude. Whatever you need to do to justify your own inaction.

Wanna really show me up? Donate to a charity of your choosing and post a screencap right here, that'll really put me in my place.

Cool man, denial is a powerful thing. Keep telling yourself that you won't donate anything to charity because of my attitude. Whatever you need to do to justify your own inaction.

Wanna really show me up? Donate to a charity of your choosing and post a screencap right here, that'll really put me in my place.

Don't you twist my words. I said I wasnt giving YOU money to donate to "X" charity that hasn't even been determined based 100% on YOUR attitude. I'll take my hard earned cash and donate it where i see fit, like I do every year. fuck off.

It would be great if this was something that happened each Black Friday/RSD (not the arguments, the donations), given how popular these events are on this board/wider vinyl community. £/$20 can go a long way for anyone in need. I'll be donating to our local food bank this month. I didn't buy any Black Friday releases anyway.

Don't you twist my words. I said I wasnt giving YOU money to donate to "X" charity that hasn't even been determined based 100% on YOUR attitude. I'll take my hard earned cash and donate it where i see fit, like I do every year. fuck off.

Why do you keep using the word, "YOU," none of this had anything to do with giving me money or even a charity I chose.

Do you expect me to care? Look at it from my perspective.

Part 1: Try to start a charity drive.

Part 2: No one gives a fuck.

Part 3: I start calling you all names

Part 4: Your retarded ass shows up and starts calling me out.

What part of this should I honestly care about? There was never a point where anyone expressed an interest in doing this besides me.

My idea failed, that's fine. I'll sit here and fling shit in the pile of shit that I built.

But I love that to the bitter end, not one of you thought, "Well dang this fucking asshole is crazy, but he isn't asking for my money directly or indirectly, maybe we can turn this thing around and do some good with it."

Because it is more important to focus on what I said rather than what I was trying to do.

So nice work, before you come back with another, "YOU" remember that there is no "YOU" other than the people, whoever or wherever they are, that I wanted us to help. You're saying that because of some mean words on the internet, you don't want to help build a collective effort to help somebody. Not one person contributed a single thing to this thread, not one pledge, not one idea. Constructive criticism is great, but saying, "don't do this" or "don't call people this" isn't an idea. It doesn't help.

That's why I think of you collectively as useless, because you could give two fucks about getting together and doing some real good. No one has time, it's Black Friday, $20 is a lot for some of us, we're consumerists, we don't know any charities, we got records to pre-order.

But throw some mean words around and suddenly we all have time to fling shit in the monkey cage.

Day 1: 40 views

Days 2-3: 410 views

Why do you keep using the word, "YOU," none of this had anything to do with giving me money or even a charity I chose.

Do you expect me to care? Look at it from my perspective.

Part 1: Try to start a charity drive.

Part 2: No one gives a fuck.

Part 3: I start calling you all names

What part of this should I honestly care about? There was never a point where anyone expressed an interest in doing this besides me.

My idea failed, that's fine. I'll sit here and fling shit in the pile of shit that I built.

But I love that to the bitter end, not one of you thought, "Well dang this fucking asshole is crazy, but he isn't asking for my money directly or indirectly, maybe we can turn this thing around and do some good with it."

Because it is more important to focus on what I said rather than what I was trying to do.

So nice work, before you come back with another, "YOU" remember that there is no "YOU" other than the people, whoever or wherever they are, that I wanted us to help. You're saying that because of some mean words on the internet, you don't want to help build a collective effort to help somebody. Not one person contributed a single thing to this thread, not one pledge, not one idea. Constructive criticism is great, but saying, "don't do this" or "don't call people this" isn't an idea. It doesn't help.

That's why I think of you collectively as useless, because you could give two fucks about getting together and doing some real good. No one has time, it's Black Friday, $20 is a lot for some of us, we're consumerists, we don't know any charities, we got records to pre-order.

But throw some mean words around and suddenly we all have time to fling shit in the monkey cage.

I stopped caring about you when you said cunt and then went on to use retarded as an insult. You're a grown ass man. You should know better. Go fuck yourself. Donating does not make you a good person.

1. Re: Part 4; Sure hope when and if you ever support a mental or special needs charity, that you sure don't think of it that way.

2. Re: view counts; Plain and simple, this has now become a shit show. A gigantic collective toilet flush. People always stop to stare at the wreck. Even lurkers be in their house behind the curtain popping in here going "DAAAAAYUM"

Then start one. Oh wait, I forgot it's still easier to talk shit, yeah just do that.

He did: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/101838-vcwc-charity-raffle-help-some-dogs/

And maybe you should take notes from him on how to run a successful charity drive. 

Top kek.

How did I know that if I used the word "retarded" you would focus on that? Even though the entire post is that you care about "mean words on the internet" more than helping people, you still do exactly that.

Honestly, how did I know?

dude I wish I could explain to you how stupid you sound right now.

Top kek.

How did I know that if I used the word "retarded" you would focus on that? Even though the entire post is that you care about "mean words on the internet" more than helping people, you still do exactly that.

Honestly, how did I know?

Well... you seem to care more about views than about really helping people. Otherwise you wouldn't have acted like a whiny bitch.

this thread should be locked.

And how, I was somewhat hopeful it'd turn around but OP made damn sure that wouldn't happen.

People can donate to charities as they see fit, making a spectacle of the gesture makes it empty and braggadocious. Yes this is the season for giving, but calling people names for not rallying behind this specific cause is foolish.