Jett Plastic Recordings

Hey, all. I've been a lurker for a long time and I've only now decided to post. I started a record label, Jett Plastic Recordings, in 2012, and I've since released LPs by the Necros and Bootsey X, along with 7"s by The Audionics (Jack White's brother fronts the band) and After Dark Amusement Park (former members of the Dirtbombs and Rodriguez's touring band).

I released the Necros Live LP a few months back, and I'm just now releasing a new 7" by Detroit rockers The ILL Itches. The band's first 7" on Grimtale Records sold out very quickly, and this new 7" is stunning, if I do say so myself. They've opened for the Buzzcocks and the Dead Kennedys here in Detroit, and they just completed their first tour. Check out some of their music here- https://theillitches.bandcamp.com/

Anyywaaayyysssss---> The new 7" went on sale about an hour ago and the splatter version is already sold out. There's a handful of screen printed variants left, screen printed by Eric Von Munz of White Stripes/Jack White gig poster fame, and they come with a bonus item, along with being on a corresponding color of wax.

Check us out and throw me some feedback, I'd love to see what you all think!

www.jettplasticrecordings.com

PS- SlyVinyl is debuting 'Hallelujah', the A-Side to the 7", in a bit. Keep your eyes peeled on their site. :)

Thanks for the support, Oliver! I've had a lot of fun with it and love exposing others to new music!

Here's a link to the SlyVinyl article for those interested- http://slyvinyl.com/punk/ill-itches-hallelujah-bw-revolving-door-limited-30-blackred-splatter-60-mystery-color-300-blood-red-opaque-vinyl-7

Thanks for the support, Oliver! I've had a lot of fun with it and love exposing others to new music!

Here's a link to the SlyVinyl article for those interested- http://slyvinyl.com/punk/ill-itches-hallelujah-bw-revolving-door-limited-30-blackred-splatter-60-mystery-color-300-blood-red-opaque-vinyl-7

How did you start a label if you're not old enough to have a job?

I'm pretty sure I've seen you at some shows, specifically FUZZ. Heard from my buddy Peter (ex Witches)  about your label. keep up the cool work. 

I'm pretty sure I've seen you at some shows, specifically FUZZ. Heard from my buddy Peter (ex Witches) about your label. keep up the cool work.

Yeah! I just saw Peter on RSD, and he said that he's playing with Scott Morgan + The Sights now? That's awesome. The FUZZ show was great, too! Probably saw ya there. Release party for the ILL 7" is this Saturday at Lager w/ ILL, Caveman Woodman, YUM, and Prude Boys. Stop on by!

Dreamover- just had an idea and decided to run with it. Was lucky enough to have a few local bands who wanted to release a record at the time, so I hooked up with them and we came up with some cool ideas. I don't make much money with it, and what money I do make goes into the next record. All in good fun, though. I just like exposing people to music they may not have heard of otherwise. :-)

• 1 month later...

Hey, everybody! Have a new 7" coming out by Kenny Tudrick and it's going on sale this Saturday at 3:30EST. Have three versions available, and they all look amazing! Gotta Groove did a great job with these. Check it out if you get the chance, both tunes are on Bandcamp! https://kennytudrick.bandcamp.com/album/church-hill-downs-fairgrounds

Here's the write up about it-

Releasing his critically acclaimed self-titled solo album in 2012, Kenny Tudrick is no stranger to the Detroit music scene. Cutting his musical teeth with The GO, the Detroit Cobras and Rocket 455, Kenny now comes into his own unleashing his singular brand of alt-country-esque jams on his newest 7”.

“Church Hill Downs” comes complete with Notorious Byrd Brothers chiming twangs of guitars, a thumping melodic bass line, and features the backup vocals of Drea Duchene (who also plays bass on both songs), along with the drumming of Jim Faulkner. The B-side, “Fairgrounds,” is equally as great and wouldn't feel out of place blasting out of a transistor radio down by the lake at your summertime getaway (assuming you have one, of course).

Tudrick is truly one of our favorites, and Jett Plastic Recordings is extremely proud to present you with this breathtaking single. Listen to the 7" below, which was previously only available as a very limited tour-only cassingle.

more info at the Facebook page (www.facebook.com/jettplasticrecordings) and our website (www.jettplasticrecordings.com)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We’re happy to announce one of our upcoming releases, a blistering classic rock ’n’ roll 7" by a supergroup of sorts, The Lonely Teardrops(rock 'em-sock 'em’ two-piece from Virginia), Deadly Lo-Fi(wicked twisted voodoo mumbo jumbo from NC), and Dexter Romweber (rock-and-roll savior, Flat Duo Jets frontman)! On the A-side is an original rockin’ instrumental, “Muchacho,” written by Katie Teardrop of the Lonely Teardrops, while the B-side houses a cover of Benny Joy’s classic stomper, “Crash The Party,” where Dex and Katie trade verses and swap solos like no one else ever could.

The front cover art was designed by Katie Teardrop, with the back cover featuring an original drawing by Dexter Romweber. The standard version of the single will be limited to 300 copies on transparent Day-Glo blue vinyl. The variants of this release are even more stunning, featuring GLOW-IN-THE-DARK cover art, coupled with glow-in-the-dark records! The GITD release is limited to 60 copies, and there will also be a BLUE with GLOW-IN-THE-DARK SPLATTER version available (40 copies), both featuring GITD jackets!

But wait—that's not all! We'll also be releasing a very small number (25) on BLUE AND GREEN split vinyl, coupled with an exclusive cover designed by Nicholas Gagnon of Obliquitous Art & Design. If that doesn't make you want one of these records, we don’t know what will.

More information will be released closer to the on sale date, so stay tuned 10968551_800936086626193_554638858681454for more info!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, guys! Happy to announce that the Pizza Underground 7" has been chosen as an official Record Store Day title, and that it's being distributed exclusively by United Record Pressing Distribution! The colored vinyl is going to be randomly inserted into the run, along with some inserts autographed by the band in the colored copies! Most fair way I could think of doing it without selling them on the site and having it as a a RSD title! The run's going to be 500 copies with an additional 52 (26 of each colored version) copies on colored vinyl, so a total of 552. If you want to pick one up, be sure to go out on Record Store Day or have your local store order in advance from United. Thanks a ton for the support, guys. Means a lot! :)