Brand New - Daisy LP green vinyl Hot Topic exclusive

travis

When this went up to order I was too broke to order one, luckily I was at my local Hot Topic that carries records and they had two copies. So I picked it up, the color looks nice! Another well done job by Travis!

I'm pretty sure Travis does nothing but buy these...including selecting the color.

I'm pretty sure Travis does nothing but buy these...including selecting the color.

I think he can occasionally suggest some colors. But ITT I believe he posted that the band chose the color on this. So yea he did nothing aside from order a product that he knew would sell well.

My local Hot Topic in Waterford, CT is better for vinyl than the Providence, RI (I hate that store) one that is also not far from me but when i went to pick this up the first time (in CT) they didnt have it so i got it shipped to store online. Got to the store to pick it up and they gave me my order in a normal vinyl mailer but also had two more on the shelf. Very happy with it, now I just hope I can find a copy of Dawn of the Dead or they go back up on the webstore.

The reason they re issued this on coloured vinyl is because coloured variants are something the band's fan base seems to enjoy, so there is quite a bit of money to he made in realeasing a different colour. If they just restocked more black, no one would have bought them all out, I can guarantee you that.

The reason it may be a different cut is because it was released by a different label, who probably did not get the master plates from the previous release. The important question is whether or not it sounds good. I got two copies, one for myself and one for a friend of mine, and we both agree the green pressing sounds great. I'd recommend it.

The reason they re issued this on coloured vinyl is because coloured variants are something the band's fan base seems to enjoy, so there is quite a bit of money to he made in realeasing a different colour. If they just restocked more black, no one would have bought them all out, I can guarantee you that.

The reason it may be a different cut is because it was released by a different label, who probably did not get the master plates from the previous release. The important question is whether or not it sounds good. I got two copies, one for myself and one for a friend of mine, and we both agree the green pressing sounds great. I'd recommend it.

So you have not experienced the audio glitches in the new cut?

How would you describe their sound comparatively?

I recently compared this pressing with the black pressing and saw that this was obviously pressed with a different cut than the original. Why would they re-cut it if the original sounds great? Whats the logic behind this? 

I did not notice a difference. I looked at the track spacing and played segments of tracks over and over (alternating black and green) trying to hear even the faintest difference. Actually, my green sounds better because it has less scuffs and playtime (also a polylined inner!). But I haven't played the whole thing front to back, so I'll be paying attention. Moral of the story: the green is pretty good, but you cannot go wrong with the black if you just want A copy of the album.

I did not notice a difference. I looked at the track spacing and played segments of tracks over and over (alternating black and green) trying to hear even the faintest difference. Actually, my green sounds better because it has less scuffs and playtime (also a polylined inner!). But I haven't played the whole thing front to back, so I'll be paying attention. Moral of the story: the green is pretty good, but you cannot go wrong with the black if you just want A copy of the album.

If anyone wants the black I will sell mine on the cheap.