Brand New - Daisy LP green vinyl Hot Topic exclusive

travis

Went to go pick up & return mine today since I don't want it due to the production issues. Couldn't even do that, they'll only give me store credit. So I'm forced to buy this or whatever other crap they have at their store. Big ups hot topic.

what was the issue? I haven't noticed anything.

Went to go pick up & return mine today since I don't want it due to the production issues. Couldn't even do that, they'll only give me store credit. So I'm forced to buy this or whatever other crap they have at their store. Big ups hot topic.

You've been complaining about the sound quality and "glitches" for a while. It sounds great quality wise, and I heaven't heard glitches myself nor have I heard anyone else report any.

What production issues? I haven't heard of anything wrong with this at all.

What production issues? I haven't heard of anything wrong with this at all.

You've been complaining about the sound quality and "glitches" for a while. It sounds great quality wise, and I heaven't heard glitches myself nor have I heard anyone else report any.

I've read other reports of audio glitches, and aside from whatever glitches may or may not be there, the fact that it is pressed using a new master is a huge turnoff, especially given how USM has handled the mastering of their past Hot Topic exclusive LPs. It was not advertised as such and so I have chosen to stick with my black 1st press - I'm glad I didn't sell it for cheap like I had planned to.

Just pointing out that Hot Topic is still finding new ways to suck as a retailer. Issues with the ordering process, issues with the order being fulfilled, and now little to no options to return the product that is reported to be defective, and isn't produced to an acceptible standard of quality.

Why would you return a product based on what you've read about it? Have you actually played it for yourself? If so, it might be good to also report on what turntable you are using. People who are experiencing tracking issues or something might only be experiencing them because of their 50 dollar suitcase turntable from target. If you're going to claim there's a problem with a pressing you're going to need to provide some sort of insight.

Well, he's read that there are glitches but, even if there isn't a problem, he heard that it was pressed using different plates.  So, he returned it as a demonstration of all the terrible things he's read that Hot Topic does.  He hopes one day to read about how Hot Topic has taken note of this and corrected their ways.  Until then, and this is all based on what I've read, he will continue to buy and then return all of Hot Topics vinyl releases instead of keeping them as a non-temporary customer.

Pressing something with different plates is not a problem. Pressing them with plates made from an inferior quality master would be the problem. If that was done, it would sound a lot worse than the black version, which from people who have actually done the test, is not the case. I have not heard anything in my green copy that would indicate there is any loss of sound quality whatsoever. None. If you don't like Hot Topic, don't buy their releases. Just don't invent reasons to act like everything they do is awful, because people actually read these threads, and may be misinformed.

I've read other reports of audio glitches, and aside from whatever glitches may or may not be there, the fact that it is pressed using a new master is a huge turnoff, especially given how USM has handled the mastering of their past Hot Topic exclusive LPs. It was not advertised as such and so I have chosen to stick with my black 1st press - I'm glad I didn't sell it for cheap like I had planned to.

Just pointing out that Hot Topic is still finding new ways to suck as a retailer. Issues with the ordering process, issues with the order being fulfilled, and now little to no options to return the product that is reported to be defective, and isn't produced to an acceptible standard of quality.

This pressing is perfectly fine and this is the first I've heard of any issues at all. You can call the customer service number on the website and return it through them and if they give you any problems just send me a pm here and I'll get it taken care of.

Have you listened to the LP yourself?

I have both versions and the HT pressing sounded virtually identical to the black pressing.

Someone mentioned "gaps" or pauses in between the songs and I definitely didn't notice that. Granted, I was packing mail order while playing it, so it didn't have my full undivided attention for the entire play, but I think I would've caught that.

No IGD, no issues. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

I've never had an issue returning anything to Hot Topic before for a refund. The only time they could do store credit was when I lost the receipt. But that's pretty common among all retailers.

They do have a policy about returning open vinyl/ cds/ dvds, but if there was an actual issue I imagine they would allow for exchange.

They do have a policy about returning open vinyl/ cds/ dvds, but if there was an actual issue I imagine they would allow for exchange.

I assumed he took an unopened item. If he took an opened item and is complaining they wouldn't take it, I don't know what he expected

Pressing something with different plates is not a problem. Pressing them with plates made from an inferior quality master would be the problem. If that was done, it would sound a lot worse than the black version, which from people who have actually done the test, is not the case. I have not heard anything in my green copy that would indicate there is any loss of sound quality whatsoever. None. If you don't like Hot Topic, don't buy their releases. Just don't invent reasons to act like everything they do is awful, because people actually read these threads, and may be misinformed.

With no mastering details given, and a secret remaster in the package, the only way to tell if I'll like it is to actually open and listen and compare to what I already know to be good. That's a $23 gamble I'm not willing to take. Especially given that there's a mix of reports of the album having quality issues, and other people saying it "sounds fine." If any of the changes made were openly advertised I just wouldn't have bought it, as it's simply not what I'm interested in. Many others as well as myself were under the impression that this was a straight repress.

I've never had an issue returning anything to Hot Topic before for a refund. The only time they could do store credit was when I lost the receipt. But that's pretty common among all retailers.

I assumed he took an unopened item. If he took an opened item and is complaining they wouldn't take it, I don't know what he expected

The item was never opened, it never even left the store. It was picked up from the online order - which, remember, had part of it canceled, even though the LP was still up on the website and available to purchase - Anyway, the receipt was right there, the record hadn't been handled or opened, all I wanted to do was *not* buy it after being informed of potential issues and unadvertised changes being made to the product - the only change that the order page made me aware of as a consumer was that it would be on green vinyl instead of black. No mention of remastering, alterations to the artwork, or thinner vinyl.

I fail to see how this is an incomprehensible issue.

I've only spun mine once and that was last week. I was doing a bunch of laundry and folding and what not so I was able to listen to it pretty well. I had a lot of pops, stops, and skips in the middle of a few songs. It was pretty annoying. I haven't spun my black copy in awhile so I can't compare but I'm not really impressed with it. I can't remember what song it was but it skipped the same part over and over until I moved the needle.

I've only spun mine once and that was last week. I was doing a bunch of laundry and folding and what not so I was able to listen to it pretty well. I had a lot of pops, stops, and skips in the middle of a few songs. It was pretty annoying. I haven't spun my black copy in awhile so I can't compare but I'm not really impressed with it. I can't remember what song it was but it skipped the same part over and over until I moved the needle.

That sucks. Mine is literally flawless. No shit. It sounds better than my black copy (which has been spun a few times) and I take care of my stuff.

The item was never opened, it never even left the store. It was picked up from the online order - which, remember, had part of it canceled, even though the LP was still up on the website and available to purchase - Anyway, the receipt was right there, the record hadn't been handled or opened, all I wanted to do was *not* buy it after being informed of potential issues and unadvertised changes being made to the product - the only change that the order page made me aware of as a consumer was that it would be on green vinyl instead of black. No mention of remastering, alterations to the artwork, or thinner vinyl.

Weird, I was just saying I never had an issue. Just do what Travis said, he'll make sure it gets handled. He's a good dude

I fail to see how this is an incomprehensible issue.

Its not incomprehensible that you may have had a bad experience ordering and returning it, its incomprehensible that you'd come in here and shit on the pressing based on things you read, which go against numerous people who are stating the exact opposite. That it is a great pressing. You could have taken these peoples word for it, but it seems like your mind was already made up on this going into it.

If sound quality is all that matters to you, why wouldnt you just get the regular black pressing which used the original plates? Why would you take a "23 dollar gamble" at all? Are you really expecting Hot Topic to indicate ninute details like which plates were used on every single release they make? They aren't MoFi, so I think you're being a bit unrealistic. All that should matter to you when buying a record is how it sounds, and possibly also how it looks, if aesthetics matter to you. You're making trivial issues seem like problems, and that's what doesn't make sense.

TXDRMST- out of upvotes. You get this:

104472103-Gold-star.jpg

Why, thank you! I'm just trying to straighten out what seems to be a non-issue in this particular case. I'm always skeptical about people who complain about a record skipping on them. For one, you have to be sure you've properly set the Tonearm weight to the specifications of your specific cartridge, you have to own a cartridge with a good tracking capability, you have to properly set your Anti-Skate, and you have to make sure your turntable is level. 

The problem with opinions on pressing quality, especially on a pressing from a store such as Hot Topic means that you're going to have a lot of kids buying these and complaining about them who have not taken the aforementioned precautions. Most of them are playing their records on an all in one player like a Crosley or an Ion, which is even worse, because not only are the settings most likely sub par, but these players don't even have the ability to adjust the cartridge weight, and don't include an anti skate feature. I've seen a kid playing his records on his suitcase player with the tinny speakers, and the turntable was, I shit you not, sitting on their bed. I'm not saying this is the case with the people in this thread, but I will say that I have never, not once, experienced a record skipping on a new record. Inferior sound quality, sure. Not skipping though. And in regards to pops and clicks, there are even more factors. Did you brush your record before playing it? Do you clean your stylus before each play? Have you ever done either of these things at all? Records are definitely the least convenient way to listen to music, so a shit ton of care needs to be taken to maximize their potential.