Out now: Sigur Ros - ( ) CLEAR vinyl limited to 4000

Mine is definitely yellow. 

I sent another email to SR (they've been great with communicating quickly) asking about an ETA for the replacements, but they're unable to give one right now. 

Who gives a fuck if it's yellow? Does it play fine? Keep it and quit bitching.

So just wondering -- did the press that was put out by fatcat ever go out of print? I remember them being available for the last few years and with discount codes they would come out pretty cheap even shipped to the US. They are still on the aftermarket for around the same as this current pressing costs.

I'm just curious why people are continuing to seek this press out when it's publicly known to be faulty, especially when the fatcat ones are still out there and play beautifully. Is it just because of the clear color? Are people under the impression this version more directly "supports" the band?

So just wondering -- did the press that was put out by fatcat ever go out of print? I remember them being available for the last few years and with discount codes they would come out pretty cheap even shipped to the US. They are still on the aftermarket for around the same as this current pressing costs.

I'm just curious why people are continuing to seek this press out when it's publicly known to be faulty, especially when the fatcat ones are still out there and play beautifully. Is it just because of the clear color? Are people under the impression this version more directly "supports" the band?

Yes, all of the Fat Cat pressings are out of print. When I first made this thread late last year (it was originally about the entire reissue series), ( ) was going for around $70-$90, and Agaetis $50-$70.

I only see one sealed Fat Cat listing on Discogs under $40, so they are still pretty expensive and not as readily available as you make them out to be. 

There was, however, an XL pressing on black earlier this year that is readily available, but there were reports of audio distortion issues. 

As for why people are buying this knowing that it has issues, the record label has promised replacements, so it's not like we'll be stuck with defective copies forever. 

And this is also the first pressing that the band themselves have full control over. They bought the rights and masters and all of that back from the labels that originally put their albums out. They're going through repressing these the way they want. Additionally, as stated above, they're aware that there were faulty stampers at some point in the run and are replacing those once they access how many. If you happen to get one of the clean copies......it's actually a damn great pressing.....great dynamic range, full and thick bottom end, no distortion in the highs at all.....but that's if you grab a clean one.

Also this is the first time it's been available on any color other than black. The non yellowy copies are just a mildly clear that matches the artwork pretty damn well.

couldnt agree more.. i've had a few different pressings of this in the past and a clean copy of this puts the previous pressings (that ive heard) to shame.

Amazon.ca has s new pre order up for the ( ) clear vinyl. The second picture shows a numbered jacket... Are these the replacements...?

I'm on mobile so you might have to copy and paste the link.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0132CO1CA/ref=aw_st_pd_dx_s_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=31-ay9Yf9EL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_SL500_SR100%2C100_&refRID=ZDNAZ4QN775Z7W4GMH94

I figured that too. At just over $26 CDN that pretty good both north and south of the border.

Ya, I'm curious about what version that is. I have the Fat Cat pressing but keep toying around with trying to upgrade to this pressing, but I really don't want to have to go through the replacement process with SR if I get a defective copy. 

They have a handful of copies at my local shop for $45 CAD so $26 CAD would be a steal. 

Ya, I'm curious about what version that is. I have the Fat Cat pressing but keep toying around with trying to upgrade to this pressing, but I really don't want to have to go through the replacement process with SR if I get a defective copy.

They have a handful of copies at my local shop for $45 CAD so $26 CAD would be a steal.

I ordered one from Amoeba that was cheap and one from SR. The one from Amoeba has the distortion. I have yet to receive my copy from the SR store. At least SR is handling the situation properly. But this price is so good. Even if you had to replace it.

I ordered one from Amoeba that was cheap and one from SR. The one from Amoeba has the distortion. I have yet to receive my copy from the SR store. At least SR is handling the situation properly. But this price is so good. Even if you had to replace it.

Ok, you sold me! Gonna try it out. I'll compare the two and throw the other one up for sale at what I paid originally for it or setup an exchange.