Games for couples

I would highly suggest a board game called Pandemic.  It's a cooperative game where you work as a team to beat the board and fight off a pandemic of viruses on a global scale.  It's strategic in all the right ways and has ways to increase or decrease the difficulty, depending on your mood.  There's a lot of rules to get your head around at first, but my wife and I love playing it together.

And if you like Clue, I HIGHLY recommend a two player board game called Mr. Jack.  It's really incredible fun and highly competitive.

As mentioned above, www.boardgamegeek.com is my go to resource for any sorts of board games.  Great site and community.

I would highly suggest a board game called Pandemic.  It's a cooperative game where you work as a team to beat the board and fight off a pandemic of viruses on a global scale.  It's strategic in all the right ways and has ways to increase or decrease the difficulty, depending on your mood.  There's a lot of rules to get your head around at first, but my wife and I love playing it together.

And if you like Clue, I HIGHLY recommend a two player board game called Mr. Jack.  It's really incredible fun and highly competitive.

As mentioned above, www.boardgamegeek.com is my go to resource for any sorts of board games.  Great site and community.

Came here to post pandemic as well. We also have fun playing yahtzee too.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I play games a lot.

Carcassonne is a really ideal game for this and it has become my wife and my go-to.  A unique thing about it is that it's ready to play out of the box and requires no set up since you make the "board" as you play.

Skip-Bo

Phase Ten

Ticket to Ride (!!!)

Pandemic

Dominoes

Cribbage (!!!)

Rummikub

Small World

Sequence

Puzzles

Wits and Wagers is pretty good for groups of 3 or more (the more the better, though, like Cards Against Humanity)

Pentago - It's a Connect Four game that is super easy to learn but is always challenging.  You have a board that is split into four parts.  Each turn you add one marble to one of the 4 3x3 grids.  In addition on your turn you also rotate one of the grids 90 degrees.  It's seems simple, and it is but it makes you think moves ahead.  Anticipate your opponents moves.

It's been years since me and my ex would rock board game nights but I'll try and think of some more.

game_pentago_classic.jpg

May seem really fucking lame but I've run across a ton of couples who play World of Warcraft together, or any MMO for that matter. 

Dominion is also another fun game that you could play 1vs1 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001JQY6K4/heroclixrul0d-20

lots of solid suggestions already, following this thread for reference once I pick up that fly hotty. 

• 2 years later...