Black Metal Discussion Thread

On 12/12/2016 at 4:21 PM, 2notepockets said:

That's funny the guy at the record store told me they were German lol

Can't really find much info on them, took me ages to find the release on discogs to add to my collections because I couldn't read the name on the cover.

Paul (who played guitar in the band) is also in Blood Incantation and Spectral Voice. That's what he's currently concentrating on

2 hours ago, Freki said:

Oh nice!  I'll probably try and get that Flexi I suppose.  Seems like the past, you could get Decibel issues w/flexi on ebay for pretty cheap.  I'm guessing that's still the case.

16 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Oh nice!  I'll probably try and get that Flexi I suppose.  Seems like the past, you could get Decibel issues w/flexi on ebay for pretty cheap.  I'm guessing that's still the case.

You can order that individual issue for ~$10 ppd directly from Decibel. 

New Panopticon track sounds good!  I think I'm going to pick this issue up....  I have flexi's from Incantation and Black Dahlia Murder which still sound great.  I wish I stored them better though.... grrrr.  I kind of forgot I had them until I went digging through some stuff and they turned up, but kinda scratched up.  D'oh!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm not sure if you guys have ever listened to this band before....  they don't come up with anything on the search function.  I discovered them maybe 2 weeks ago, and I cannot get enough.  If you like Wolves In The Throne Room, Deafheaven, Ghost Bath, Show Me A Dinosaur, Oathbreaker or Panopticon I think this will be very satisfying for you. 

Very, very, very curious to hear all of your thoughts on this material.  The opening track didn't do anything for me at first, but once I let it settle in and get used to it, I find it to be brilliant.  The 2nd track wowed me right from the start, though. 

For anyone who slept on Caina's final album from last year Apocalyptic Witchcraft are having a sale which knocks the Gold vinyl down to £10 and cassette or cd versions to £5.

https://apocalyptic-witchcraft.myshopify.com/search?q=caina

Obviously shipping will be a bit of a stinger still but if no US distros have picked it up this may be a window to save some money.

• 3 weeks later...

Dead to a Dying World - Live at Roadburn on gold and black. 

The Texas band Dead to a Dying World's live album is a hybrid of doom, black metal, and crust punk, buttressed by baroque classical flourishes and focused on the state of the world and its rather grim prospects. Its six extended pieces commingle melodrama and momentum, horror and hope, pulling the listener along like a tight-wire suspense flick.

THIS IS A PRE-ORDER - VINYL SHOULD SHIP BY LATE MARCH! 

US

On 2/21/2017 at 10:41 AM, Metal Mike said:

The vinyl version of the new Cultes Des Ghoules is up at Hell's Headbangers.

What a fucking ripper!

http://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/culte-des-ghoules-coven-vinyl.asp

Good stuff. I wonder what the pressing numbers are. Been spending way too much money on records lately.

1 hour ago, Metal Mike said:

I know the feeling. I don't think all pressings will sell out. But it's a pretty reasonable price for a 3xLP these days.

Yeah, the price is reasonable considering the times and 3 records with deluxe packaging. It sounds like how Pearl Jam does the Vault series, but those are $60.

2 minutes ago, thebaucom said:

The Predatory Light LP is up at Psychic Violence.  Smoke Variant may already be gone.

http://psychicviolence.bigcartel.com/product/predatory-light-s-t-lp

I refreshed a couple of times and was able to snag one

Also ordered bunch of other stuff as well. One of my favorite black metal labels right now