Black Metal Discussion Thread

First post here, stone me if not appropriate, but @jonrawks turned me on to this one man project in Azerbaijan, who does this ethereal BM gaze kind of music and he dropped a new album this week.

LOTS more harsh vocals than his last album "Magic Night" (which posted in the postmetal thread and my tape arrived yesterday), but not the high pitched demonic screech, more like Turner or Armine lower pitched but harsher growls - to my ears anyways. Nice longer tracks 8-10 minutes that keep moving forward. Fans of Alcest/Neige projects and the music of WITTR should enjoy. I don't see any vinyl plans, but who knows, Blood Music would seem to be a great label to do this.

Violet Cold - Anomie

On 5/3/2017 at 9:21 PM, drds89 said:

First post here, stone me if not appropriate, but @jonrawks turned me on to this one man project in Azerbaijan, who does this ethereal BM gaze kind of music and he dropped a new album this week.

LOTS more harsh vocals than his last album "Magic Night" (which posted in the postmetal thread and my tape arrived yesterday), but not the high pitched demonic screech, more like Turner or Armine lower pitched but harsher growls - to my ears anyways. Nice longer tracks 8-10 minutes that keep moving forward. Fans of Alcest/Neige projects and the music of WITTR should enjoy. I don't see any vinyl plans, but who knows, Blood Music would seem to be a great label to do this.

Violet Cold - Anomie

Anomie is the best black metal album I've heard in a while...

Vinyl edition coming soon via tridroid records

• 2 weeks later...

Just got shipping notification from Outer Battery for Dead to a Dying World live. I was able to find a green copy of their first record at a shop in Portland during my trip. It seems so rare that I actually find something for a good price in a record store these days.

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Just got shipping notification from Outer Battery for Dead to a Dying World live. I was able to find a green copy of their first record at a shop in Portland during my trip. It seems so rare that I actually find something for a good price in a record store these days.

I forgot all about their Live at Roadburn album.  They were excellent at Migration Fest last summer.  Thanks for the reminder - I need to pick that up!

Sominom Nox has a new album coming out on Transcending Obscurity records.

The vinyl release is limited to 200 copies.

I have a review coming later, but as I preordered this as I was writing it, I'm going to suggest you jump on it. 

It's not out, on vinyl, until July or something, and I don't know where it's shipping from, but my shipping costs were quite reasonable.

Preorder Here: https://somniumnox.bandcamp.com/album/terra-inanis-atmospheric-black-metal

7 minutes ago, fitterhappier said:

New record from Vanum (Kyle Morgan from Ash Borer & Michael Rekevics from Fell Voices)

http://psychicviolence.bigcartel.com/product/vanum-burning-arrow-mlp-pre-order-ships-mid-may

Was just coming to post that.  I liked the last LP a whole lot and am very happy to see the project wasn't a one time thing.

4 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

I will most likely pick this up, but why the hell couldn't they have written maybe two or three more songs and make it an actual album instead of an EP?

I read an interview where they basically said that they buckled down to get this out for their Euro tour this month .

So maybe a full album sometime in yhe near future as well as this? That would be cool.

large6855.jpg

Darkthrone - Burial Bliss / Visual Aggression (Vinyl 7inch preorder)

A collector's 7" single vinyl release celebrating 30 years of Darkthrone.

Featuring a raw master version of the Arctic Thunder track Burial Bliss plus a previously unreleased cover version of Celtic Frost's Visual Aggression (which was originally recorded in 1989).

Pre-order for 23rd June release.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/peaceville/product/233/8647/