Black Metal Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, thebaucom said:

I was not quite ready for just how shitty this was going to be.  They have never really been breaking any ground, but I have enjoyed all of their albums up until now.  Sad.

That's how I feel about them.  Don't know if I ever listened to Settler, but I liked Sky Swallower and the Self-Titled EP a fair amount.  I couldn't get through the new song.

Welp, Cobalt tour cancelled.

We are disappointed to have to announce that the summer US Cobalt tour dates will have to be postponed due to a serious injury incurred on the Euro tour with Oranssi Pazuzu. At the end of the final show in Poznan, Poland, Charlie ran on the stage at the end of the Oranssi set, greeting the audience and sending a final farewell to all the fans for coming out to the shows. Someone from the audience reached out to hug him, and Charlie slipped off the stage, landing awkwardly with massive force on his left foot. He shattered his foot in multiple places and was rushed to a hospital in Poland. The Polish hospital, not having the most advanced technologies, told us that they may need to AMPUTATE Charlie’s foot!! We said Hell No, that is not an option. So we drove that night back to Berlin and admitted Charlie in a nicer German hospital. After extensive reconstructive surgery, Charlie needed to stay an extra week in Berlin and finally returned to the states last week. He will need several months of recovery time before he is even able to stand. We considered still doing the US tour with Charlie in a wheelchair, but the risk of further injury is far too high to justify this option. 
So, for now we are sorry to announce that the current US tour dates for the summer will be canceled. The good news is that we will be postponing/rescheduling all of the dates for later this year, after Charlie is healed. So we will be playing all the same cities and venues, just at a later time. This is totally out of our hands, and we hope everyone understands and can make it out to the shows later this year. 
Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2017 at 0:47 PM, lexicondevil said:

Ulsect features members of Dodecahedron and Textures.

https://ulsect.bandcamp.com/

i was going to post about these guys. SO. GODAMN. GOOD. catchy as hell. 

i stumbled across them the same day i found the new Dodecahedron record, who i hadn't heard of before but instantly recognized the vocalist from Anaphylactic Shock (they were an awesome black metal/hardcore band about 10+ years ago i listened to in college) so i was stoked to find these guys and even more stoked because this record is also fucking amazing. awesomely unique.

these two records have been on non-stop for me the last two weeks. cant suggest them enough.

also been listening to Mesarthim because i apparently didn't know i needed 90's synth soundtrack black metal in my life, but i do. 

21 hours ago, burkyburk said:

New Lluvia and Death Fortress are up now at Fallen Empire: http://store.fallenempirerecords.com/

Heck yes! ordered me up that Death Fortress, last album was real good.

Also ordered the latest Mare Cognitum on purple wax been needing it for a while, and Mesarthim Pillars LP for $10 got thrown in too.

Edited by 2notepockets

On 6/14/2017 at 8:37 PM, burkyburk said:

New Lluvia and Death Fortress are up now at Fallen Empire: http://store.fallenempirerecords.com/

Did you read the full description for the Lluvia record? Only $36.66 for a defective record. Sorry, but whoever runs this label sounds like a dick.

20 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Did you read the full description for the Lluvia record? Only $36.66 for a defective record. Sorry, but whoever runs this label sounds like a dick.

I did. There was a reddit user who picked up the record from a show that described it a bit better. Apparently there are some noisy spots at the more ambient endings to songs and one of the discs plays from inside out. Not a big deal to me. They're a small label and weird sound stuff happens. Most labels don't even mention it beforehand.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:37 PM, burkyburk said:

Ordered both, plus the new Triumvir Foul.  If you guys haven't heard their ST, it is really good if you are into a more death metal sound.

8 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

I think he can come off very blunt and border line rude at times, but I have been ordering from FE for years with no complaints.  I had one issue and it was resolved immediately.  I'm psyched about the Lluvia and I agree with Burkyburk, if its just a few noisy spots then I'm really not too concerned.  It is black metal.

Pre-order for the new WITTR album coming sooner than later?  Their website is just a picture with 'Coming Soon' now!

Also, went to their store and they currently have re-presses of 'Two Hunters' back in stock!!

Edited by coreystevens88

5 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

More cool stuff if anyone cares. Cormorant are a progressive black metal band. They will have a new record out in August HERE.

This is the latest one.

Saw them in SF the other day and they killed it. They gave me a discount because I bought all three of their previous albums. Good dudes and good tunes.

1 hour ago, switch5150 said:

Saw them in SF the other day and they killed it. They gave me a discount because I bought all three of their previous albums. Good dudes and good tunes.

I was supposed to pick up all three at that show until I realized I had tickets to Drab Majesty. I'm gonna meet one of the guys for metal parking lot at the Maiden show. Looking forward to seeing them live someday.