Black Metal Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Anyone know what Mayhem is like live these days?   I have a chance to see them in a few weeks.  I'm mostly just familiar with De Mysteriis and I know the lineup is WAY different from the guys who did that album.  Worth my time to see them?

Insanely good. Don't miss out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Krallice - Go Be Forgotten was released on bandcamp last night.  I preordered the LP for it with Loüm when those were up a few weeks back.  This morning they sent me a code for Go Be Forgotten, but I had already purchased it last night.

That said - if you want to check out the new Krallice album, message me for a code I'll be happy to share.

https://profoundlorerecords.merchtable.com/?no_redirect=true

Grabbed me one each of dem Cobalt splats/merge whatevers

Just saw on FB the splats and golds are both limited to 100 kinda wish I went the gold now...

Edited by 2notepockets

14 hours ago, 2notepockets said:

https://profoundlorerecords.merchtable.com/?no_redirect=true

Grabbed me one each of dem Cobalt splats/merge whatevers

Just saw on FB the splats and golds are both limited to 100 kinda wish I went the gold now...

Hope that Cobalt is good. I'm doing a blind buy because I can't listen right now at work and Profound Lore stuff disappears. I don't want to regret not just buying it when I had the chance. Went with the splats.

Edit: Listening now. Phew. Glad I bought.

Edited by lexicondevil

4 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Hope that Cobalt is good. I'm doing a blind buy because I can't listen right now at work and Profound Lore stuff disappears. I don't want to regret not just buying it when I had the chance. Went with the splats.

Edit: Listening now. Phew. Glad I bought.

It's kinda like undertow era Tool riffs with black metal influence especially on Gin

I don't know if anyone here cares about some of the social and political views of black metal artists, but I'm always cautious about what I buy in this genre, especially when it comes to fascist crap. I was investigating the controversy about the Cobalt singer and came across this article. It's an interesting read and points out a lot information that I have found about other black metal artists. There is so much music out there, that I can be choosy about what I support. I don't expect to agree with everything an entertainer believes in, but for me sometimes that blurry line has to be recognized.

https://music.avclub.com/metal-music-still-has-an-unaddressed-nazi-problem-1798258676

I find it hard to support artists that have views I oppose or have done abhorrent things. I won't even listen to Nachtmystium any more, Inquisition are an interesting one too... I can't really listen to anything remotely pro any religion either.

Some of the things in the article are pretty off the mark though (I only skimmed it) e.g. putting Charlie Fell in with McSorley... Dragging up homophobic slurs frpm the past is a little rough not saying they are right or should be used at all but when I was a kid calling someone a faggot was standard on the playground as embarassing as it is to think this maybe relates more to the McCoy sotuation... not defending McSorley at all and glad he is no longer associated with Cobalt as this allows me to still be interested in what they do...

Edited by 2notepockets
Update

On 11/22/2017 at 1:08 PM, fitterhappier said:

2 new Krallice albums got me super excited. Looks like Go Be Forgotten will be part of 2018 subscription series?

Been listening to Low Estate - Covert Cult of Death lately. More of a post-hardcore with black metal mixture but a great album

Both Krallice records are part of the current subscription.

3 hours ago, coreystevens88 said:

Curious if anyone here has preordered the Leviathan - First Sublevel of Suicide demo coming out on Ascension Monuments Media?  I ordered one yesterday, but will probably feel uneasy about giving someone affiliated with Blake Judd my money until the LP arrives at my door. 

Yeah wouldn't go near anything Judd touches, I'm sure it will be fine, although there have been some similar marketing strategies on social media to some of his infamous schemes...

If as claimed he has only employee level involvement  I'm not sure why the label would be letting him promote the releases, it taints their reputation...

On 10/11/2017 at 3:46 AM, lexicondevil said:

Finally bought the new Wode. If you also like to spend more money for /100 variants, here is your last chance - https://avantgardemusic.bandcamp.com/merch/wode-servants-of-the-countercosmos-oxblood-red-vinyl-lp

I had a hard time finding the oxblood. Remember you are ordering this from Italy with all of the delays and such.

This came yesterday giving it a spin now bit more death metal influence than the first album (I may have already said this) but still really good... 

Didn't realise Ox blood was maroon lol

10 hours ago, 2notepockets said:

This came yesterday giving it a spin now bit more death metal influence than the first album (I may have already said this) but still really good... 

Didn't realise Ox blood was maroon lol

Yeah, oxblood is my least favorite vinyl color, neck and neck with grey. Had to get the rarest. Collector problems.