Black Metal Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, 2notepockets said:

Does anyone know much about a band called Velnias?

picked up their album Sovereign Nocturnal  on a whim over the weekend really enjoying it thus far.

Yeah they're stalwarts of the Denver scene. Solid Cascadian-inspired band that put out a couple of good records (and very well thought-out packaging). They're kind of elusive though – I've only seen them play once. 

5 hours ago, Freki said:

Yeah they're stalwarts of the Denver scene. Solid Cascadian-inspired band that put out a couple of good records (and very well thought-out packaging). They're kind of elusive though – I've only seen them play once. 

That's funny the guy at the record store told me they were German lol

Can't really find much info on them, took me ages to find the release on discogs to add to my collections because I couldn't read the name on the cover.

So Gilead Media is doing a sub for 2017. It's going to be $325, but you get 18 records (all the most limited variants), a discount for the Eroding Winds distro, discounts on any extra LPs they release, an exclusive mug, slipmat, and patch. Plus 5 test presses of every release will be randomly given away to subscribers. 

I'm so down for this as I was going to buy almost all of the first 5 releases of 2017 from them.

43 minutes ago, museummouth said:

So Gilead Media is doing a sub for 2017. It's going to be $325, but you get 18 records (all the most limited variants), a discount for the Eroding Winds distro, discounts on any extra LPs they release, an exclusive mug, slipmat, and patch. Plus 5 test presses of every release will be randomly given away to subscribers. 

I'm so down for this as I was going to buy almost all of the first 5 releases of 2017 from them.

Where did you see this? Would be into doing this as well. Just hate shelling out the 325 up front. 

1 hour ago, museummouth said:

Saw this on facebook, would be so sweet but I can't afford...

still hanging for that Ustalost preorder from them as well...

11 hours ago, museummouth said:

They're going to post a full list once the PO goes live but the first batch is:

new Krallice

The Body + Vampilla - collab

Kowloon - Turk

Kowloon - Gambling

Ustalost - Spoor

there will aslo be a new Forn LP and False 7", per the Gilead twitter account. at some point in 2017...

2 hours ago, fitterhappier said:

Nice... grabbed the records

I'm going to think on it, but I'm seriously considering the Gilead sub.  Label is spot on and what I don't like, I should be able to offload and break even.

On an unrelated note, I saw Xasthur this week and had no idea they were an acoustic folk band now.  :mellow:  Was a little disappointed, but I found some enjoyment in what they were playing.  Unfortunately, they started super late and I didn't stick around for too much of it.

• 2 weeks later...