Jump to content
dickcritter

Black Metal Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

I've been listening to these guys. They have a blackgaze thing going on. I guess there is another band also named Weltschmerz. I don't even know how I stumbled across them. No vinyl yet, but name your price on Bandcamp.

 

 

https://weltschmerzband.bandcamp.com/album/static-in-the-presence-of-intrusive-consciousness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lexicondevil giving that Black Cilice album a listen now, pretty good the production suits it perfectly gives it a softer edge IMO, a little reminiscent of the Angelic Process in terms of production.

 

this album/band is old news but this is probably one of the best I've heard in this depressive/atmospheric style of BM:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8.7.2017 at 7:19 PM, coreystevens88 said:

On this fine Saturday afternoon today,  I am left wondering:

 

"will Weakling - 'Dead as Dreams' EVER see a vinyl repress, or am I going to have to drop $500 for a first press someday?"

I've had this in my wantlist for about six or seven years and watched the prices rise from around $200 to fucking $500 in that time. Come on..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 2notepockets said:

@lexicondevil giving that Black Cilice album a listen now, pretty good the production suits it perfectly gives it a softer edge IMO, a little reminiscent of the Angelic Process in terms of production.

 

this album/band is old news but this is probably one of the best I've heard in this depressive/atmospheric style of BM:

 

I'm liking it. Looks like it will have to be a download because this is going to be a pain in the ass/wallet to track down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jhulud said:

Random question. Anyone know where I can get any official Darkthrone shirts? I tried JSR Direct but they're out of the sizes I want. 

Their label's site links here for merch: https://burningshed.com/index.php?route=product/manufacturer/product&manufacturer_id=7&path=59_264_515_520

I'd also think that these are official: http://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/searchAdvanced.asp?searchfor=darkthrone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

I'm liking it. Looks like it will have to be a download because this is going to be a pain in the ass/wallet to track down.

Yeah i got a brand new copy of the fools gold version about 2 years ago for 25 beans really couldn't believe it. From the same guy i told you might have some Agalloch stuff...

4 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Listening to that Gris album right now and fuck is it good!  I get a skramz feel on some of the vocals, which I'm really digging.  Hope it eventually gets a reissue and their other albums get pressed, this is great.

Their more recent album was a bit different to this from memory, cleaner production and a lot more folk/prog influence. Kinda more like Negura Bunget from memory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

I've had this in my wantlist for about six or seven years and watched the prices rise from around $200 to fucking $500 in that time. Come on..

Wasn't there an issue around some of the riffs on this album being lifted directly from another band? I wonder if thats why it hasn't seen a repress.

Edited by 2notepockets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jhulud said:

Random question. Anyone know where I can get any official Darkthrone shirts? I tried JSR Direct but they're out of the sizes I want. 

heavymetalonline.co.uk is their official non-label store I believe.  I got the Arctic Thunder patch and Fenriz shirt from them last year when the album came out, great stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 0:19 AM, lexicondevil said:

There is black metal in their sound, but lots of other stuff going on as well. Really into these guys.

 

 

Pretty interesting stuff, not sure where I stand with it but at least warrants a further listen.

 

Got this bad boy in the mail yesterday one of the best from last year:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×