dickcritter

Black Metal Discussion Thread

On 1/6/2018 at 8:32 PM, 2notepockets said:

Satyricon do nothing for me, to be fair I haven't listened to them much at all... I got through about 5 mins of this and just felt like I'd rather put on some early Opeth...

Favourite Opeth albums?

Blackwater park

Still life

My arms your hearse

Ghost reveries

I would at least give the songs "Mother North" and "Nemesis Divina" a second look because those tracks had a lot of good things I liked about them.  I rarely listen to metal anymore these days, but this album had me engaged.  If I'm listening to black metal today, its either Grue (a local band from New Hampshire that is literally fucking unreal and should be huge), Immortal, or Deafheaven/Show Me A Dinosaur.  I still enjoy the medium, but it was all i listened to as a kid so I'm a little bit "over it" i guess you could say. 

Immortal is still so fucking good though. 

You guys would really do well to check this track out.  As mentioned before, they're from New Hampshire and it blows me away that they don't gain any traction anywhere.  Their drummer is a madman, and they have a really unique sound that I don't find in any other bands. 

5 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I would at least give the songs "Mother North" and "Nemesis Divina" a second look because those tracks had a lot of good things I liked about them.  I rarely listen to metal anymore these days, but this album had me engaged.  If I'm listening to black metal today, its either Grue (a local band from New Hampshire that is literally fucking unreal and should be huge), Immortal, or Deafheaven/Show Me A Dinosaur.  I still enjoy the medium, but it was all i listened to as a kid so I'm a little bit "over it" i guess you could say. 

Immortal is still so fucking good though. 

You guys would really do well to check this track out.  As mentioned before, they're from New Hampshire and it blows me away that they don't gain any traction anywhere.  Their drummer is a madman, and they have a really unique sound that I don't find in any other bands. 

This track is great, thanks.  For fun, I sped it up to 2x.  It sounds faster than Infant Annihilator.  

2 hours ago, Secular Haze said:

This track is great, thanks.  For fun, I sped it up to 2x.  It sounds faster than Infant Annihilator.  

hahaha right on.  Check out the whole album on Bandcamp dude.  It's fucking incredible.  They're so viscious.  They also have a new album coming, and you can hear a preview track, which I'll link here:  https://grue.bandcamp.com/

These guys are fucking riff masters, and the drummer might be the best underground drummer out there.  The ending of this track is huge.