?: AT-LP120 + Lepai-2020A+ + Phono Preamp

I would skip trying to augment the $20 amplifier and look for a decent low-watt vintage receiver on Craiglist.   A nice 20-25w receiver with a phono stage could be as cheap as $40-50, if you keep your eyes peeled.  Assuming it's in good shape, it would dance circles around what you are using right now.  

That's how I got into vintage gear, btw.  I wound up buying a $150 preamp for my modern Yamaha receiver and wasn't happy with the sound.  I picked up a Pioneer SX-626 off of CL for $50 two years ago and was instantly hooked.  

There are certainly some caveats that come along with vintage gear but the bang-for-buck is hard to beat.

I mean it will probably improve your sound some. the more you can separate components, generally the better the sound. your TT is handling the phono stage now so using a seperate piece of equipment to do that should be an improvement

I agree with this in principle.

But for people on a serious budget. It would likely be best to minamise the amount of interchanges. As there would likely be very cheap interconnects too.

So until you're willing to drop coin on decent equipment, I'd say better off, less is more. Instead of spending more cash on cheap separate gear. Just buy a good quality integrated amp, and go from there

Don't want to be "that" guy, but according to the stuff you post on this forum, you, just like most of us, seem to be dropping a ton of cash on records. Why not just put a hold on buying records for 1-2 months, which would give you the means to buy something which won't just be a stopgap for a few months but will serve you a long time?

So, would a modern amp w/ phone ability around the $200 price range work? I've tried finding used. If I found one, I don't have anyone to repair if broken.

just be sure it has a built-in phono stage yeah. some newer amps/receivers have forgone phono. unless you already bought that phono pre-amp you mentioned earlier, then pretty much any amp/receiver would work. 

for $200 you could probably get something really nice. i would let what's available locally dictate what you buy. if you find anything interesting, post it here. 

So, would a modern amp w/ phone ability around the $200 price range work? I've tried finding used. If I found one, I don't have anyone to repair if broken.

If you're looking for a newer receiver with phono input for $200 limit you could look at the Onkyo TX-8020. It can usually be found on sale for $170.