Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

24 minutes ago, Roandy55 said:

Have any of their exclusive  releases ever actually sold out?  I just checked out of curiosity and the Ramones picture disc I bought from them 9 years ago is still up.

Sure...Although they usually come back at some point.  That Frightened Rabbit exclusive disappeared quickly and I haven't seen it back in stock...Yet.

Edited by hammertime

5 hours ago, Roandy55 said:

Have any of their exclusive  releases ever actually sold out?  I just checked out of curiosity and the Ramones picture disc I bought from them 9 years ago is still up.

A few yes, the most notable being their "exclusive" of Ten by Pearl Jam that was split 50/50 with PJ's ten club. I believe their Deltron variant too.  Newbury slightly bumps the price up of these variants as their stock depletes, or drops the price if they sit. So it's pretty dicey.  (I used to work for the company) 

Unrelated, but the email also said they're doing a Jesus & Mary Chain exclusive in the future. My bets on the new album. 

1 hour ago, Andthejets27 said:

A few yes, Newbury slightly bumps the price up of these variants as their stock depletes, or drops the price if they sit. So it's pretty dicey.  (I used to work for the company) 

slightly? I went to 4 different locations over thanksgiving last year on vacation and each one had the strokes' room on fire exclusive prominently on display for $69.99

how the fuck is that a legal business practice? especially being the most popular "exclusive variant" retailer of vinyl

Edited by ethereal

I found a copy of Building Nothing in my local Newbury Comics without realizing it had even been released and spontaneously grabbed it. The sky blue vinyl looks gorgeous in person,  perfectly matches the artwork.

So yeah, uh... if anyone's looking for the european red import press, I got one up for grabs

20 hours ago, ethereal said:

slightly? I went to 4 different locations over thanksgiving last year on vacation and each one had the strokes' room on fire exclusive prominently on display for $69.99

how the fuck is that a legal business practice? especially being the most popular "exclusive variant" retailer of vinyl

They raise it continuously over time. That's all I was saying.  I'm not defending the practice at all, I agree - it's fucked. But it is a number of $2.00-$5.00 bumps over time. They don't raise it from 20 to 70 in a single shot. Thus my choice of the word "slight"

On 1/24/2017 at 6:44 AM, rogeoa8 said:

I recently picked up a 1985 copy of this, otherwise I might consider it. However, I had done some reading up on the sound quality of various issues because as we know it's a very noisy album and I didn't want to buy something that lacked any warmth. I'd read some reviews about the Rhino reissues before jumping on this, just in case.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, unknown pleasures said:

Have they just stopped giving pressing numbers for their exclusives? I feel like they used to be very clear on the runs, and now the descriptions don't mention anything...

Yeah they stopped.

Inventory leads me to believe this release is /1000, and there are around 725 left.