Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

4 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

Love the color, but hate ordering from Newbury.   Any idea how many of these there are? 

Color looks great, if that's indeed how it turned out.

Inventory started at /150. I'm guessing they pressed /300?

There's also apparently a new opaque green /750 pressing that'll be a bit cheaper than Newbury. I see listings on eBay for it now.

Edited by lethalenforcer

2 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Dammit.  Might have to cancel my BM order for the regular green and grab this then.  Basically an extra $10 to get the new color and limitability.  

3 hours ago, LPancakes said:

Same here, everything I order from them comes fucked up. Granted I am in the UK so I don't expect pristine condition, but these look like they've been in someone's collection for 20 years. Kind of a bummer. 

I must be lucky, I've ordered quite a few times from them & never once had any damaged sleeves - and i'm also in the uk!

8 hours ago, ethereal said:

not any more 

Exactly, now they can just repress at their leisure. No need for NC to hide any stock in the back rooms anymore, only to bring it out and double the price when the stock is low. When they sell out, they will just quietly repress more.

Edited by vinyl addict

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:28 PM, LPancakes said:

Same here, everything I order from them comes fucked up. Granted I am in the UK so I don't expect pristine condition, but these look like they've been in someone's collection for 20 years. Kind of a bummer. 

Annoyingly, they can apparently  ship to the UK for only $13 for a vinyl album. I recently checked on an item I was kind of  interested in (The PVRIS White Noise variant),  but it hardly seems worth the risk if it's just going to be stuffed into a flimsy mailer , plus the £/$ exchange rate doesn't look as if it's likely to improve anytime soon.

I was  wondering however if their discount codes work with international orders.

On 02/16/2017 at 9:23 AM, lethalenforcer said:

There's also apparently a new opaque green /750 pressing that'll be a bit cheaper than Newbury. I see listings on eBay for it now.

It's actually limited to 1100 green. Seems it keeps changing. At first it was 750, then 1400 and now 1100.

http://www.realgonemusic.com/news/2017/1/13/tales-from-the-crypt-presents-demon-knightoriginal-motion-pi.html

7 hours ago, Roandy55 said:

Annoyingly, they can apparently  ship to the UK for only $13 for a vinyl album. I recently checked on an item I was kind of  interested in (The PVRIS White Noise variant),  but it hardly seems worth the risk if it's just going to be stuffed into a flimsy mailer , plus the £/$ exchange rate doesn't look as if it's likely to improve anytime soon.

I was  wondering however if their discount codes work with international orders.

Everything I get actually comes in a box, but there's too much room inside so the records bounce into the edges. It could all be fixed with a bit of cello tape or a cardboard mailer to make it more snug. 

Everythings going against UK buyers at the moment, rising shipping costs, shitty exchange rate and the inevitable customs fees (£18 for my latest order of 3 records from Newbury, and you'll always get a customs fee from Newbury). You've just got to factor it into your budget and decide if it's worth it. In my experience if you bought 1 thing from Newbury with shipping/customs it would come to around £40. Maybe us UK folks should organise some kind of bulk buy and divide the fees? And as far as I know discount codes do work with international orders. 

2 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Ugh I think I'm gonna have to snag this one - even though it'll end up costing twice as much as a new standard issue. I have the coke bottle green debut and have yet to pick this one up on vinyl. 

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:02 AM, lethalenforcer said:

Received this in today. It's so good. If you're a fan of their stuff...this is 100% throwback to that early sound.

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

The best Major Lazer album, by a wide margin. My red and yellow pressing sounds great! Also, is this the first repress of this album? Discogs hasn't had a pressing listed since 2010. https://www.discogs.com/Major-Lazer-Guns-Dont-Kill-People-Lazers-Do/master/159206

Don't mind me; I'm just an idiot who can't read album titles. 

Edited by natenomm

1 hour ago, natenomm said:

The best Major Lazer album, by a wide margin. My red and yellow pressing sounds great! Also, is this the first repress of this album? Discogs hasn't had a pressing listed since 2010. https://www.discogs.com/Major-Lazer-Guns-Dont-Kill-People-Lazers-Do/master/159206

Don't mind me; I'm just an idiot who can't read album titles. 

I was hoping to god it was this album as well.  FTU definitely doesn't need a repress