Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

4 hours ago, Monastic_mike said:

Sonically, hows the quality of their pressings?

It's really not a simple answer. They are not all done by the same plant.

Some are great, some not so much. 

The Jimi Hendrix albums ived bought have all sounded fantastic. Little Richard also.  I have a bunch, can't think of any others that really pop out at me though. I rarely pay the extra for the colored version. I jusy wait until NC does a 25% off sale, and I grab them then. They may sell out online, but they are almost always available in store, for a long while after they are released too.

Edited by vinyl addict

12 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

It's really not a simple answer. They are not all done by the same plant.

Some are great, some not so much. 

The Jimi Hendrix albums ived bought have all sounded fantastic. Little Richard also.  I have a bunch, can't think of any others that really pop out at me though. I rarely pay the extra for the colored version. I jusy wait until NC does a 25% off sale, and I grab them then. They may sell out online, but they are almost always available in store, for a long while after they are released too.

Good to know. I could care less about the wax color, they do have a few that are priced well and I look at it as a way to get a few discs cheaper. 

Ive never heard of them save for this forum. So I wondered if they were some huge east coast thing to where they would get pressings done for the sake of people with OCD who want every color of a particular disc.  Color/collectability  over quality.

5 hours ago, Monastic_mike said:

Good to know. I could care less about the wax color, they do have a few that are priced well and I look at it as a way to get a few discs cheaper. 

Ive never heard of them save for this forum. So I wondered if they were some huge east coast thing to where they would get pressings done for the sake of people with OCD who want every color of a particular disc.  Color/collectability  over quality.

No it's pretty much usually the same press/master as the currently available black variant of whatever album it is you are looking at. So if the black gets good reviews, the NC should sound good too. That can go the other way too.

2 hours ago, rubensaan said:

https://www.newburycomics.com/search?q=the+shins

If anyone likes The Shins, these just went up . The gold one is /1500. Might pick one of them up.

The gold Chutes Too Narrow came out two years ago, they may be repressing at this point. I'm pretty sure it was off the site sometime last year and then reappeared, at which time I picked one up. Sounds good. I also got the maroon Wincing the Night Away that came out last year and is supposedly limited to 1200.

I love the Heartworms album cover but I'm not hard pressed to pick up a physical copy unless it really grows on me. After one listen I like it better than Port of Morrow, but that didn't take much.

9 hours ago, hammertime said:

Come my Fanatics and Night Creeper exclusives are up, 149 available of each.  For the low low price of $39.99...they will probably still fly off the shelves.

What a joke! If people refuse to pay these bullshit prices, Newbury will have to mark them down.