Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

2 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

Man, I could maybe see $34.99 but nearly $40 is insane. It's like they went straight to Newbury Mark-Up pricing. 

How much was the last Electric Wizard exclusive when they first listed it?

The same I believe...And it sold out pretty fast.  Granted it was their best album, but still if people keep paying $40 they're going to keep charging $40.

Edited by hammertime

9 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

Man, I could maybe see $34.99 but nearly $40 is insane. It's like they went straight to Newbury Mark-Up pricing. 

5 hours ago, xxmartinxx said:

Can someone explain to me why the cost for shipping is $7.99 for two records and then taxes

5 hours ago, slipcraig said:

H4hhifs.gif

So I'm a sucker and part of the problem. I am the reason why Newbury Comics gets away with their bullshit. About a week and a half ago I stopped into one on my way home from work. And I found a copy of Newbury's exclusive The Strokes - Room on Fire. $49.99. And of course, I bought it because I was seeking that variant and it was the cheapest I was ever going to find it considering what it goes for on the secondary market. I asked the cashier why it was so marked up, and he said, "I don't know. We're just told to change the prices. But this is a really good price for this pressing." To which I replied, "It's unfair to hike prices of your exclusives just because of how its sales are behaving in the secondary market, but I'm the sucker that's falling for it so whatever." He just laughed. 

Anyway, I found something amusing when I took the shrink wrap off of the record. All of the price tags were placed on top of one another. Since the beginning of its sale back in 2015, the price had changed 9 times. There were 9 separate tags on the jacket, all on top of one another. I tried to peel them so I could get a picture to show the increase, but basically it went from $26.99 to $49.99 gradually. Usually when something sits on the shelf it goes down in price, right? Hits clearance maybe? So I'm done with Newbury. Will never support them again, and don't have to now that I've moved from rural Massachusetts to NYC. But I guess they got the last laugh.

TL;DR I suck.

That's very common practice for NC. I was washing some new purchases the other day and realized I was low on modi sleeves. Ran to NC and grabbed a pack. The price went up from $19.99 to $24.99!!!! WTF?

I'm done with that bs. I'll just keep ordering my motor sleeves from Sleeve City.

But yeah, they continuously jack up the prices on their exclusive vinyl. If no one wants it for $19.99, no one is going to pay $49.99 for it. Oh wait.....Yeah ya did.

2 hours ago, The Saint said:

So I'm a sucker and part of the problem. I am the reason why Newbury Comics gets away with their bullshit. About a week and a half ago I stopped into one on my way home from work. And I found a copy of Newbury's exclusive The Strokes - Room on Fire. $49.99. And of course, I bought it because I was seeking that variant and it was the cheapest I was ever going to find it considering what it goes for on the secondary market. I asked the cashier why it was so marked up, and he said, "I don't know. We're just told to change the prices. But this is a really good price for this pressing." To which I replied, "It's unfair to hike prices of your exclusives just because of how its sales are behaving in the secondary market, but I'm the sucker that's falling for it so whatever." He just laughed. 

Anyway, I found something amusing when I took the shrink wrap off of the record. All of the price tags were placed on top of one another. Since the beginning of its sale back in 2015, the price had changed 9 times. There were 9 separate tags on the jacket, all on top of one another. I tried to peel them so I could get a picture to show the increase, but basically it went from $26.99 to $49.99 gradually. Usually when something sits on the shelf it goes down in price, right? Hits clearance maybe? So I'm done with Newbury. Will never support them again, and don't have to now that I've moved from rural Massachusetts to NYC. But I guess they got the last laugh.

TL;DR I suck.

a clear photo showing this plus a tweet with them tagged can go a long way in possibly solving the issue. what you stumbled upon is gold imo 

4 minutes ago, ethereal said:

a clear photo showing this plus a tweet with them tagged can go a long way in possibly solving the issue. what you stumbled upon is gold imo 

He didn't stumble upon anything. This has been a known practice for a couple years now at Newbury Comics. 

50 minutes ago, ethereal said:
27 minutes ago, ethereal said:

I was referring to the physical stickers that were found with the same barcode/serial marked up continuously 

Me too. It's been going on for years. They put the new price over the old price. Just like every other retail store. You are in LA and don't have a NC to shop in, otherwise you would have seen it too.

I've bought several LPs from NC that were marked down and you could see the several old prices below. Never bought one of those I see that are marked UP though. That's silly.

They do it with ALL of their exclusives after they sell out online and the prices go up on eBay. You want to see some raised prices? My local NC has/had an exclusive Nirvana - Sliver 7" left over. Prices started at $8.99 for that one. The last price I saw on top was $34.99

Edited by vinyl addict

16 hours ago, filthyrich said:

Guy Who Complains About Newbury's Policy Of Gouging Customers Pays Gouged Price, Thus Reinforcing Newbury's Price Gouging Policy.

Collectors Hate Him!

I mean I did say I was part of the problem in my first sentence. Not denying that. 

Edited by The Saint