Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

16 hours ago, nick69 said:

Sorry, but a splatter was a terrible choice for this album.

14 hours ago, Derek™ said:

As overdone as splatter variants have become in the last couple of years, can I ask why it's a particularly poor choice for this album?

At first I was amazed by how cool the splatters were looking but as time went by I started not liking them too much and nowdays I prefer the simple translucent colored vinyl LPs. That said, the spatter on this one looks so awesome that I had to buy one.

Let's see if the sleeves will survive the trip all the way to Greece.

I emailed customer support to request shipping with separated vinyl from the printed sleeves and I got a no.

I do think $37 [+$6 shipping] for a double LP, stateside, is nothing short of disgusting – not that it's uncommon practice for Newbury – but I guess you gotta' do what you gotta' do.  It's your money and no post is going to impact how you spend it or coerce you into feeling guilt as a result.  I just think that permission to gripe about rising costs of records should be forevermore revoked from anyone paying ~$45 PPD / MSRP for an album in 2017.

11 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I do think $37 [+$6 shipping] for a double LP, stateside, is nothing short of disgusting – not that it's uncommon practice for Newbury – but I guess you gotta' do what you gotta' do.  It's your money and no post is going to impact how you spend it or coerce you into feeling guilt as a result.  I just think that permission to gripe about rising costs of records should be forevermore revoked from anyone paying ~$45 PPD / MSRP for an album in 2017.

Not that it makes a massive difference but I saved a few bucks on shipping by bundling it with Com Truise.

I have a love/hate relationship with Newbury. I hate that feeling of FOMO of skipping a release and then never being able to get it again because the price SKYROCKETED in the aftermarket like Ten and Temple of the Dog, for example. 

You're not wrong, and I think they thrive off that.  I can count the number of Newbury exclusives I have on one hand, and they're all now worth [even] more than I reluctantly paid for them, so I get it.  Their pricing is hot trash, and I just want to aimlessly complain about it... while also praying that they don't pioneer a new pricing platform for other labels to greedily embrace.

9 hours ago, Kanye West said:

god damnit they got me again

For me, this comes to $47.27 with tax and shipping. The same item (minus the swirly blue wax) at Bullmoose costs me $31.96 with tax and free shipping. Same track listing, same bonus CD. Is the colored vinyl worth another $15.31 to me? Nope. However, I can see how it would be to someone. 

21 minutes ago, slipcraig said:

For me, this comes to $47.27 with tax and shipping. The same item (minus the swirly blue wax) at Bullmoose costs me $31.96 with tax and free shipping. Same track listing, same bonus CD. Is the colored vinyl worth another $15.31 to me? Nope. However, I can see how it would be to someone. 

Yeah, it's cool.  Not sure if it's really worth the extra $$.  Seems to me I remember there possibly being some issues with the sound on this.  I think I'll just go with the regular.

3 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Why damn? I'd say that's good.

They should pull a VMP and limit things to 1-per, at least at the beginning. But, Newbury.

That just shows how fast these are selling. I give it a day and they're gone at the rate you mentioned earlier. As soon as people start seeing their emails