Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

On 4/10/2017 at 1:19 PM, hammertime said:

Got my Interpol LP today...with a spine split...because those mailers they use are garbage...I think this is the 3rd shipment in a row from them that's shown up damaged.  How can a company that does that much mailorder business be that bad about packing records?  I think I'm done with them, for reals.

mine too.

On 4/6/2017 at 3:15 PM, lethalenforcer said:

The NC shipping department sucks when it comes to packing right. I preordered from them once and it was a 200 gram Hendrix record. You can imagine what that spine looked like. Then, they wouldn't let me exchange it at the store. 

Now I just wait for it to release and go pick it up in store. Regardless of how limited it is, there's always plenty available in store the week of release.

Edited by vinyl addict

9 hours ago, slipcraig said:

My Interpol LP arrived today. So disappointing. It was like this out of the sleeve, and the shipping box wasn't damaged in any way. Yes, it affects the sound.

UGNgSiz.jpg

Contact Newbury and have them send you a new one. Post this picture up on social media so it gives them a bad look lol

1 minute ago, slipcraig said:

I've pinged them twice already by email. Will post something on Twitter as well. I just want a fully playable copy of the album. :)

They'll get you a new one.

I rag on their pricing and the way they stash away variants, but I've always had really good experiences with their customer service.  One time I missed an exclusive of theirs before by a couple of minutes, and when I messaged them on Twitter asking if it'd become available again they sent me a free copy - probably because they saw I've ordered quite a bit from them, but still a really cool gesture. I've never had problems with their packaging, either.

21 minutes ago, slipcraig said:

I've pinged them twice already by email. Will post something on Twitter as well. I just want a fully playable copy of the album. :)

Just heard from Josiah at Newbury. They are sending me a replacement, and I don't have to return the damaged copy. Just as it should be. (Thanks, Newbury, if you are reading this.)

4 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

These exclusives seem to be coming almost daily now. 

People eat these up like expensive  ass candy so I can hardly blame them for doing so. If i could sell several hundred of something in a few hours just because its colored and regardless of price then I totally would do the same.

16 minutes ago, Brajio said:

Just me being paranoid, but did anyone have issues with the quality of the Roman Candles and self-titled pressings by Elliot Smith? Wasn't sure if there were any problems like the Plain reissues

Naw, the KRS reissues are great across the board AFAIK. I only own Either / Or from KRS but I'm pretty sure  @Holo has mentioned that the others are fine.

45 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Naw, the KRS reissues are great across the board AFAIK. I only own Either / Or from KRS but I'm pretty sure  @Holo has mentioned that the others are fine.

It's all great but the Plain stuff is fucked as per usual. Never buy Plain. Unless you buy the Mr. Bungle single LP for meme value.