Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

i love you. got one!

Just now, spoon said:

I think my days as a Mac completionist are over, happy with the original coloured press + 7” for this release.

Might’ve been kicking myself if they’d done something that better matched the album art.

I really only bought a copy of this as I'd love to leave my OG green copy off the turntable.

What copies/colors of 2 do you have? I scored a transparent blue last year for cheap and it's absolutely one of my favorite vinyl possessions.

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

I really only bought a copy of this as I'd love to leave my OG green copy off the turntable.

What copies/colors of 2 do you have? I scored a transparent blue last year for cheap and it's absolutely one of my favorite vinyl possessions.

I don’t have the transparent but I do have the baby blue with the matching blue screen printed sleeve /17.  Luckily was able to grab most of the earlier releases before 2 blew up. 

2 minutes ago, spoon said:

I don’t have the transparent but I do have the baby blue with the matching blue screen printed sleeve /17.  Luckily was able to grab most of the earlier releases before 2 blew up. 

Wasn't the baby blue pressed for the last few orders of 2?  I have the transparent blue but I think I remember something about the baby blue being a small press to satisfy orders...

22 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Wasn't the baby blue pressed for the last few orders of 2?  I have the transparent blue but I think I remember something about the baby blue being a small press to satisfy orders...

Solid/creamy baby blue is the main (color) version of the album. Then they ran out of white wax for mixing and the last ~45 copies wound up transparent blue.

Some other copies (only 17, like spoon's) had the baby blue record but with a blue-colored wraparound sleeve.

Edited by lethalenforcer