Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

2 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

Looks like it's down to 1 per customer. 

I'm still not buying. 

I went for it. Only because both me and my wife love this soundtrack so much. It's an iconic soundtrack as well.

Hope there's no issues on sound quality. Somebody mentioned earlier possible sound issues? Is that from this particular album or Newbury In general?

50 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

I went for it. Only because both me and my wife love this soundtrack so much. It's an iconic soundtrack as well.

Hope there's no issues on sound quality. Somebody mentioned earlier possible sound issues? Is that from this particular album or Newbury In general?

Someone on the Pearl Jam board found a record store that tweeted a video of them playing the record, and they didn't think it sounded that great. I'm sure the sound will be across the board.  I don't think Newbury gets special pressings that are different than the regular pressing.  

I'll still buy it, but I'll buy the regular from Amazon and save $20.

Edited by kramer73

1 hour ago, kramer73 said:

Someone on the Pearl Jam board found a record store that tweeted a video of them playing the record, and they didn't think it sounded that great. I'm sure the sound will be across the board.  I don't think Newbury gets special pressings that are different than the regular pressing.  

I'll still buy it, but I'll buy the regular from Amazon and save $20.

So someone thought a video of the record playing sounded bad... that's what you're judging it off of?

I at least hope that for these prices, the Newbury Comics variants are going to collectors.

Can flippers really make a profit when they're out nearly $50 right out the gate, then whatever commission they need to pay to their selling platform of choice, then whatever it costs them to process the payment? And who knows what else - packing supplies, gas to get to the post office, a sandwich on the way home?

2 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

I at least hope that for these prices, the Newbury Comics variants are going to collectors.

Can flippers really make a profit when they're out nearly $50 right out the gate, then whatever commission they need to pay to their selling platform of choice, then whatever it costs them to process the payment? And who knows what else - packing supplies, gas to get to the post office, a sandwich on the way home?

I mean the exclusive variant of Ten went for over $300 then dropped to like $150 so that's a triple your investment. 

Edited by museummouth

1 hour ago, unknown pleasures said:

I think Ten was pretty unique. Wasn't it a joint release with 10C? I think they were involved in some way. 

It also lasted minutes (maybe seconds?) online. No other NC release has come close to that in terms of aftermarket value.

AND Pearl Jam collectors are pretty fuckin' crazy.

Edited by lexicondevil

2 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Why is there taxes on an item if there are no Newbury Comics nearby? Does anyone know?

Warehouse/district presence.

Will I be charged sales tax?
Sales tax will be charged on items shipping to the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Indianna, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. Additional local city & county taxes may apply.

6 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Instagram Singles Soundtrack

Here's that post that some people were basing the shitty sound coming from an actual pressing. The record actually looks like it's warped. I wonder what the run-out groove says.

There's a click every time the needle passes the warp. I wonder if that's what they were talking about...

Also wasn't this ready for at least a half a year already? It's possible these records have been sitting for some time in a warehouse until whatever was taking up so much time to release these bad boys. Got their shit straightened out, then revised their release date...