Looper - Mondo Steelbook #001 Group Buy

daegor

Details of the release: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/108641-mondo-steelbook-looper/

All right, here's the deal:

1. PM me if you want to buy one or the other of the Looper variants from futureshop.ca.  I will give you my mailing address.
  2. You will then go buy it yourself, but ship it to my address.  Shipping is free for orders $25 and over.  They take credit card, or PayPal as payment.  They don't charge until the order ships.
  3. You let me know what you bought, and where I need to ship it to when I get it.
  4. When I receive your purchase I will have it shipped out.  You can use the following website to estimate shipping costs:  http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s2 (use my City Hall postal code where is asks for one, V8W 1P6)
    • After packaging it all up and weighing it, the size/weight of a single steelbook is 0.255 KG, 19.69 cm long, 16.51 cm wide, and 4.45 cm height.  Shipping to the US is $10.79 CAD.
    • Once I have one in hand I'll weight and measure it and then provide exact estimates, until then please know that it's a best guess.
    • Amazon.ca sells bubble envelopes at $0.60 CAD after tax, with my Prime account that's the cheapest I could find.  If you know of anywhere cheaper, let me know!  I wrap the steelbook in cardboard and then put it in the envelope.
    • To make sure I'm not nickel and dime'd out of money I can either add a little to the shipping cost to cover fees, or you can gift me the payment, whichever you are more comfortable with.  (Gifting saves you a whopping $0.65 CAD, I'd suggest that you do not gift it)
    • Grand total to the US, assuming the payment is not gifted, is $12.04 CAD.
  5. I'm a busy guy, so please be warned that I may not be super prompt in shipping out everyone's purchase!  I fully intend to ship them out ASAP, but if I get a high volume at once they could be delayed a day or two.

I'm cool with shipping anywhere.

Feel free to buy multiple copies/variants, or really anything you want from futureshop.ca (just realize that it will impact shipping costs, and shipping from Canada isn't cheap).

I intend to run this so that I am neither out money, or have made a profit.  If I somehow end up with a surplus of funds at the end of this I will let all that participated vote on what charity I donate the money to (no matter how small the surplus).

I just shipped out 11 Drive steelbooks to a US member for $29, expedited shipping. I think it's cheaper to send them to one dude in the states, and have them ship them out media mail individually.

Oh good call, I hadn't thought of that!

Is this something people are down for?  Saving a few $$ on one hand, but delayed receipt on the other hand by using a middle man?

Oh good call, I hadn't thought of that!

Is this something people are down for?  Saving a few $$ on one hand, but delayed receipt on the other hand by using a middle man?

I was one of the people in on the Drive group deal.

I'd love to get copies of Looper and Boyhood if we can set up a similar situation.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm down for this. I'd order both Boyhood and Looper variants. Are we going to try and ship to one person like parkinglot did with the drive steelbooks? Either way I've been wanting to order but was holding out for something like this.

If someone steps up to be a middleman in the US then it will save everyone a few bucks, but I'm good either way.

• 1 month later...