Wasn't expecting this until today, due to the shipping date estimate given me, and I'd think the distance from IL to AZ is quite some ways. But apparently it was available for me to pick up Friday. What a wasted weekend and fail on my part, hahaha. But A+ on shipping speed! Quick look over, my side A of Cities has a nice scratched area, that's my only concern.

I did make the first 200 orders and got the Stranger Ways 7"!!!!!!!! Normally I don't care for "singles", unless they have an exclusive song/alternate version/remix/etc. but... just how rare and sought after this is...

14 minutes ago, No This Is Patrick said:

I did make the first 200 orders and got the Stranger Ways 7"!!!!!!!! Normally I don't care for "singles", unless they have an exclusive song/alternate version/remix/etc. but... just how rare and sought after this is...

You lucky son of a bitch!

Image result for napoleon dynamite dang it gif

18 minutes ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Wasn't expecting this until today, due to the shipping date estimate given me, and I'd think the distance from IL to AZ is quite some ways. But apparently it was available for me to pick up Friday. What a wasted weekend and fail on my part, hahaha. But A+ on shipping speed! Quick look over, my side A of Cities has a nice scratched area, that's my only concern.

Congrats! You should definitely add pictures of the 7" to Discogs.

Edited by thefavoriteplay

2 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Anyone else get some severe seam splits? Mine are pretty much blown out. Contacted Benchmark and sent the pics, hoping they can do something for me.

JwXfvMUh.jpg

Mine has some insane splits also. No pictures at the moment, but please let me know if you hear back from Benchmark. I'll probably email them tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, P1ZZAPARTY said:

Mine has some insane splits also. No pictures at the moment, but please let me know if you hear back from Benchmark. I'll probably email them tomorrow.

I called them, and actually be spoke to someone, he confirmed while I was on the phone that he got the pictures and that they would get back to me tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

Holy shit. That's really bad. I just opened and checked mine and they were fine. 

Hope they fix you up. 

Thanks dude, it was a gift from one of my best friends, so I'm hoping so too. My biggest fear with these kinds of releases is that they'll really be fully out, and didn't hold any back in regards to damage, or that they will pretty much tell me to fuck off. Though the guy I spoke to seemed really nice and determined to come up a solution.

Got mine! Arrived in a week and since I'm overseas, that's actually pretty quick. Shipping came up to half a boxset (i hesitated at first, and ended up not being within the first 200. would've been nice to get a 7"!)

All I can say is WOW. The packaging is exquisite. Everything was very well executed. I'm also very glad mine didnt have any seam splits. Those usually happen during overseas shipping too. It was very well packed, styrofoam all round. I bought 2, thinking if I should open the other to check for seam splits.. But I wanted to keep it sealed or sell it to someone else locally.. 

Listening to the albums now, blueprints for the black market is a little warped, but i LOVE the remasters! 

Still wish that they did these on some sick coloured vinyl, but still overall, this boxset was not just a great idea, but superbly done. Props to the anberlin team and merch designers! 

40 minutes ago, TheComebackKid said:

Mine is at the post office, will pick it up after work. I'm a little worried about it being damaged like how others were since I'm in Canada and had to travel further than others who are in the US.

I was too, I'm all the way in Singapore. Mine was shipped (i ordered two) partitioned, and surrounded by styrofoam. I've only opened one set (intend to keep the other sealed or let it to a local person who missed out), but it was surprisingly flawless. 

14 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Nice.  Did you already have a copy?  I feel like people interested enough in Anberlin vinyl to order this box set fast enough to be in the first 200, probably have most of the bonus items they were offering.

I got it and I didn't have it yet.

I still want the Stranger Ways 7"

I wonder how many Stranger Ways 7"s were produced, in total.  Considering they were only available in Australia to VIP concert members and they had 12 of them to randomly insert into these box sets--are we talking 100?  250?  Whatever number it is, it's small.  And odd that someone even took the time to produce them, given their very limited availability.

On 10/24/2016 at 0:16 PM, thefavoriteplay said:

Congrats! You should definitely add pictures of the 7" to Discogs.

Added some pics (sorry I'm not Jimmy Olsen or whoever) and additional info that I could: https://www.discogs.com/release/6288693 Hopefully it's good, I hate the "police" force over there. "It's not the right format..." "You didn't add this..." "blah blah blah blah blah". Really gets on my nerves when they say something needs to be edited and then expect you to do it. It's right there, you noticed, why can't you help "contribute"? :lol::angry:-_-

On 10/20/2016 at 11:52 AM, _unproductive said:

my bonus item was these rather cheap looking prints.. woo

lSBbE8I.jpg

just happy i finally have this

I got these as well!  I think they're pretty cool.  I wasn't expecting to receive any bonus items to begin with so it was a nice surprise.

Was lucky enough that my entire box set arrived in absolute perfect condition.  I love how the box feels (as weird as that sounds).  Can't wait to sit down and listen to

these.

19 hours ago, jmsmusic said:

I was too, I'm all the way in Singapore. Mine was shipped (i ordered two) partitioned, and surrounded by styrofoam. I've only opened one set (intend to keep the other sealed or let it to a local person who missed out), but it was surprisingly flawless. 

If I had known, we probably could share the shipping. I'm from Singapore too, but I placed my order through a freight forwarder. So wont be getting them soon. Enjoy your records! Hope you went for the farewell show previously at TAB!

19 hours ago, jmsmusic said:

If I had known, we probably could share the shipping. I'm from Singapore too, but I placed my order through a freight forwarder. So wont be getting them soon. Enjoy your records! Hope you went for the farewell show previously at TAB!

*edit sorry for the double post. Net was lagging.

Edited by raynerho
Double post.