need some help with non vinyl related audio

i dont know if im supposed to be asking this here and if im not i can take it to another forum but you guys know some stuff about audio and what not and i didnt see anything that helped me out very much when using the search function.

so I make commentaries on games and i stream to twitch and im starting a podcast and what not and im really sick of headsets because they usually just suck. i found the microphone i wanted (audio technica at2020) and it seems like it would be perfect for my price range but i dont know if i should go for the usb one or not... the reason for that is i plan to upgrade as soon as i can. so what i want to know is what i will need to make it compatible with my computer (i think its an audio interface or whatever im very stupid when it comes to this) i guess what im getting at is what audio interface would be ideal for me if thats what i need at all. i have quality and convenience in mind and im hoping to spend around 100-200 for it.

if anyone can help it would be great if not, like i said, i will search for a different board.

Im no expert and I have more knowledge in audio equipment outside mic's and recording voice. That mic and grab a cheap audio interface is a good route. Audio interfaces are quite bad in the cheaper ranges but they work well. Scarlett 2i4 is a decent one.

Alternatively if you have a decent sound card you can always go with this mic which is fairly good for its price. Just make sure you get a pop filter whatever you do. USB is fine if you know what youre doing.

Your environment also plays a huge part on your output sound so keep that in mind. Proper acoustic treatment goes a long way.

i will definitely be using a pop filter. im actually fairly confident with the microphone i have in mind though. a lot of friends of mine swear by it and i can hear why. now the question is, you said audio interfaces are bad, atleast the cheap ones. is there an alternate route i could take? because the scarlet was the one i had in mind but if there is a better option for me i'd love to know.

I tried to read that second paragraph like three times.  I'm pretty sure it makes zero sense.

yeah i know.. i've been up for like 18 hours and that was the product. basically i am looking at the at2020. the reason i dont wanna get the usb version is because i know i will want to upgrade to something like a procaster or something and surely that wont be usb so i am trying to figure out what my best option is. for my price range of course. and i also want to know if theres anything i should seriously stay away from be it the microphone or interface or whatever im supposed to use.

I have the ATR-2500 and it's fine for my purposes.  

If you get a non-USB mic, you should probably shop for an audio interface at the same time.

yes i plan to however thats where the problem is, im uneducated and i hardly even know what an audio interface does besides act as a hub where i can plug in the mic. thats why i came here i was hoping someone could explain what makes an interface better than another or something. like what should i be looking for in case i need/want to upgrade