ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

Why did all of you support this label until right now if this is all it takes for you turn your back on it? Are you really surprised a label who pretty much only reissues major label crap is doing under the table deals to make more money? They put out KoRn, Dream Theater, and Cartel records, and when they're not licensing from majors, they're paying Drive-Thru, one of the most fucked up labels of all time ran by literal lunatics, their money. Clearly there is nothing 'punk' or 'DIY' about it. It's simply a game of going through lists of records and finding stuff that either hasn't been pressed before, or is out of print, that you think you can sell ~500 copies of, and then talking to people. There is literally no culture or aesthetic. ETR doesn't stand for anything, and that's fine.

Ross clearly has every right to start and run a company of that nature, but to me, it has nothing to do with what I do or what other indie record labels do. None of this surprises me because of the nature of ETR's business. I honestly don't think most of the stuff you guys are calling him out on isn't ~that~ bad in the grand scheme of things (besides lying about it) but I also understand the witch hunt nature of this message board. If Deathwish or Topshelf or someone did the same thing, I would feel the same way most of you guys do, but that is because it would be completely out of character with how those companies operate. 

Just sayin' y'all.

There's a lot of people here who have always thought ETR to be a joke, myself included. Way before this all surfaced. Obviously what he is doing has absolutely nothing to do with what you guys, Topshelf, Deathwish, (real labels) etc are doing. Not even in the same ballpark. But then again, I'm not sure what to expect from people who are losing it over $25 Good Charlotte and more recently, Cute Is What We Aim For records. The only difference now is that board members won't shit on you for calling him out. Before, if you called ETR out for being shitty, people would usually shit on you for stirring stuff up, even though most criticisms were extremely accurate.

I had no idea who or what was going on. This thread has provided overwhelming evidence to (regardless of genre) support such shit such as this.

Lying is ~that bad~ since trust is everything. It builds foundations. It sustains and supports friendships and future transactions.

There's a lot of people here who have always thought ETR to be a joke, myself included. Way before this all surfaced. Obviously what he is doing has absolutely nothing to do with what you guys, Topshelf, Deathwish, (real labels) etc are doing. Not even in the same ballpark. But then again, I'm not sure what to expect from people who are losing it over $25 Good Charlotte and more recently, Cute Is What We Aim For records. The only difference now is that board members won't shit on you for calling him out. Before, if you called ETR out for being shitty, people would usually shit on you for stirring stuff up, even though most criticisms were extremely accurate.

Yeah, agreed on all counts. I don't mean to point out the differences in those labels in an asshole 'cool club' kinda way, I just mean the differences and intentions are obvious between labels that sign bands and labels that reissue Good Charlotte records that sell 500 copies and wash their hands of it. 

Lying is ~that bad~ since trust is everything. It builds foundations. It sustains and supports friendships and future transactions.

Just for the record, I completely agree with you. Wasn't trying to imply otherwise. 

Why did all of you support this label until right now if this is all it takes for you turn your back on it? Are you really surprised a label who pretty much only reissues major label crap is doing under the table deals to make more money? They put out KoRn, Dream Theater, and Cartel records, and when they're not licensing from majors, they're paying Drive-Thru, one of the most fucked up labels of all time ran by literal lunatics, their money. Clearly there is nothing 'punk' or 'DIY' about it. It's simply a game of going through lists of records and finding stuff that either hasn't been pressed before, or is out of print, that you think you can sell ~500 copies of, and then talking to people. There is literally no culture or aesthetic. ETR doesn't stand for anything, and that's fine.

Ross clearly has every right to start and run a company of that nature, but to me, it has nothing to do with what I do or what other indie record labels do. None of this surprises me because of the nature of ETR's business. I honestly don't think most of the stuff you guys are calling him out on isn't ~that~ bad in the grand scheme of things (besides lying about it) but I also understand the witch hunt nature of this message board. If Deathwish or Topshelf or someone did the same thing, I would feel the same way most of you guys do, but that is because it would be completely out of character with how those companies operate.

Just sayin' y'all.

This is very well put and I argee whole heartedly. ETR has no intention of signing new bands and bringing new music to light wether it's being pressed on vinyl or not which to me is pretty weak. It's cool to have someone to rerelease stuff that's out of print but it almost seems like he's not really even running things by the bands at all which is a shitty way to go about it.

Just sayin' y'all.

Spot on..but I still haven't gotten any of my emails replied to about a Coasta test press. At least let me know if the black /75 is considered the test because I already have that! It's killing me! BTW RFC and Topshelf are the most top notch labels in my opinion. I never have problems and I've ordered quit a bit from both. I did get sent the wrong Tigers jaw record once and got really made at Dan or Tay I cant remember who it was. My apologies

This is very well put and I argee whole heartedly. ETR has no intention of signing new bands and bringing new music to light wether it's being pressed on vinyl or not which to me is pretty weak. It's cool to have someone to rerelease stuff that's out of print but it almost seems like he's not really even running things by the bands at all which is a shitty way to go about it.

Yeah but what about that "awesome new metalcore" band that he recently released on vinhl??

This thread is full of some pretty useful information. It's always important to know just who you are supporting when you purchase from a "label" like ETR. Just overall super scummy. I'm sure Ross isn't excited his dirty laundry is getting aired. It all comes back around to get you.

I mean come on though prices are all okay when you get a pog thrown in. That has to offset the price a little right?

Spot on..but I still haven't gotten any of my emails replied to about a Coasta test press. At least let me know if the black /75 is considered the test because I already have that! It's killing me! BTW RFC and Topshelf are the most top notch labels in my opinion. I never have problems and I've ordered quit a bit from both. I did get sent the wrong Tigers jaw record once and got really made at Dan or Tay I cant remember who it was. My apologies

I rarely have the motivation or time to field offers on records. People email me a lot about that stuff and I rarely respond. Nothing personal. I will try to remember to dig one up next time I grab stuff to eBay. Still got a pretty decent hospital bill to pay off so that might not be too far off, but in general I don't like to make a habit of selling stuff in that manner.

No but he at least tried. That would have been awful.

I am looking for a cd copy of "Modest mouse- The lonesome crowded west".

Ideally a sealed copy but I know that may be a long shot so I would take a used copy as well.....please PM if you can help me out

It is for an important gift and would be much appreciated if anyone can help (even if you have a friend who may have one, make a call and ill compensate you if it works out)

I rarely have the motivation or time to field offers on records. People email me a lot about that stuff and I rarely respond. Nothing personal. I will try to remember to dig one up next time I grab stuff to eBay. Still got a pretty decent hospital bill to pay off so that might not be too far off, but in general I don't like to make a habit of selling stuff in that manner.

You sound like you might have a label with actual bands and shit to run or something. Geeze.

I am looking for a cd copy of "Modest mouse- The lonesome crowded west".

Ideally a sealed copy but I know that may be a long shot so I would take a used copy as well.....please PM if you can help me out

It is for an important gift and would be much appreciated if anyone can help (even if you have a friend who may have one, make a call and ill compensate you if it works out)

I have a rare "Bizzaro" variant I bootlegged in my basement   got from a friend. It's splatter and unique in that its a picture disc of a splatter variant of another record.  It is very rare and HTF. I have excellent eBay feedback and shipping is 14.56 (Blame the post office!) 

Would you be interested? 

In the end, I don't think anything is going to change for ETR. Look at SRC. People get their pitchforks out once a week over that joke of a company, and all it takes for people to stop being angry is a goddamn Goldfinger reissue. If you ask me they are guilty of far worse crimes.

In the end, I don't think anything is going to change for ETR. Look at SRC. People get their pitchforks out once a week over that joke of a company, and all it takes for people to stop being angry is a goddamn Goldfinger reissue. If you ask me they are guilty of far worse crimes.

Shh, the ant overlords will hear you!!!!!!

Hail_Ants_in_Episode.jpg